About the role
You will be responsible for managing business requirements and ensuring that the IT solutions meet the stated business objectives. Activities may involve requirements gathering, analysis, documenting functional and interfaces specifications, non-functional requirements, preparing test scenarios and test cases, executing system tests, support business user acceptance tests, support business roll-out and provide post go-live 2nd level system support. Responsible for analysing and documenting business cases, business processes and new system requirements for assigned business areas. Works with the business to define requirements and develops business cases for divisional projects.Key responsibilities:
Be part of an extraordinary story
- Investigate and analyse business operational requirements, identify problems and opportunities.
- Capture and document business requirements in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives and business priorities.
- Support business units in preparation of business cases for automation, IT solution procurement processes
- Support business units in preparation of business cases for automation, including where procurement processes are involved, and identify tangible & intangible benefits, project NPV, ROI etc.
- Work along-side QRIT Account Management team to deliver IT solutions that meet the business needs.
- Analyse and document the business requirements, system interface specifications and non-functional requirements, strictly following the QRIT guidelines and templates.
- Ensure timely reviews and sign-off of the documentation.
- Conduct domain and requirements training sessions for the software delivery teams.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Manage interactions with external / internal IT teams for designing and documenting the system interfaces
- Identify and document test scenarios test data and test case
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Analyse and document business process models (as is and to be) using modeling techniques and tools.
- Conduct system testing and manage the defect lifecycle, work with the development team to ensure timely closure of the defects Conduct system integration tests and sign-off by concerned stakeholders.
- Support user acceptance testing and timely sign-off.
- Support business users in the review of production data and configuration set-up (system parameters, access privileges, seed data set-up etc)
- Assist business areas in identifying potential IT opportunities exploiting use of new technologies.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions, support end user training and review of standard operating procedures
- Prepare Change Requests and conduct regression tests to ensure that fixes do not break existing functionality
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible QualificationsAbout you
- An ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Mathematics / Sciences / Commerce/ relevant major.
- 5 years in Software Development and Maintenance.
- Must have Airline domain experience and knowledge
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Quality Assurance processes.
- Must have hands-on experience in requirements analysis and documentation.
- Must have good communication and analytical skills.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
About Qatar Airways Group
- Exposure on global contact center application implementation
- 8+ years in Software development and maintenance, with key roles played in application design and production maintenance and support application performance management.
- Prince 2 or PMP certification
- Airline systems and business processes
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community