With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, we offer a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
As the business expands, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Operations Team in Los Angeles as a Cargo Freighter Operations Officer. The role includes:
- Monitor smooth cargo operations at the station through close coordination with the GHA’s and staff within the station as well as continuously monitoring and developing adherence to regulations as outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure strict compliance to IATA regulations for effective movement of inbound and outbound cargo whilst reducing operation costs involved.
- Ensure all ULDs are built safely and GHA is aware of QR standards and adhering to them. Personal oversight of all freighter pallets must be enforced on all freighter flights.
- Maintain the freighter on time performance and ensuring no delays occur due to ground operations throughout the delegated region.
- Oversee and supervise employees as well as train and develop them to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Understand the operational interface with the hub and ensure problems are resolved prior to departure to the hub.
- Implement, establish and monitor standard operating procedures (SOP) and Service level agreements (SLA) with the GHA's in the region to ensure smooth cargo operations in the region. This also includes streamlining policies with GHA staff in order to follow procedures in the absence of cargo staff.
- Ensure discrepancies and non-conformances are minimized in order to reduce claims and penalties at the respective station to increase customer satisfaction and reduce carrier liability. (Ensure all operations staff and GHA Staff of the region are well aware of the procedure and regulations in order to minimize any penalties, claims etc.)
- Ensure all safety and security incidents are thoroughly investigated through to root cause analysis and reported within company timeframes.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
Minimum of High School Qualification with at least 4 years of job related experience within air freight industry
- Previous supervisory experience as well as the ability to delegate, set clear directions, motivate staff and foster team work
- Good knowledge of warehouse and ramp handling, Dangerous Goods Regulations, Live Animal Regulations, IATA and perishable cargo handling
- Load control and previous experience with loading of freighter aircraft
You must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.