We have an exciting opportunity to join Qatar Airways (QR) as an Cargo Operations Officer. This is a fast paced role based in Dallas Fort Worth and will report directly to Regional Key Account Manager
In this exciting role you will be responsible for monitoring smooth cargo operations at the station through close coordination with the GHA’s and staff within the station. Continuously monitor and develop adherence to regulations outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies and ensure strict compliance to IATA regulations for effective movement of inbound and outbound cargo whilst reducing operation costs involved.ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Management & Leadership
- Implement the developed strategies to enhance services offered whist reducing operational unit costs incurred in the region. Further be a part of the airline operating committee to address infrastructure issues etc. (On a continuous basis to implement new strategies in coordination with cargo HDQ in the vision of taking the service levels to a better standard)
- Constantly monitor the cargo handling in the station and suggest to the Cargo HDQ best practices to be implemented within the region to achieve operational excellence. (On an daily basis to be in touch with the Cargo HDQ for smooth coordination)
- Maintain the freighter on time performance and ensure no delays occur due to ground operations throughout the delegated region. (All arrangements to be made well ahead of time in order to avoid any delays at the respective station)
- In tandem with the Regional Cargo Office, trucking for QR cargo both import and export is to be tendered across the region and direct contracts are to be agreed and implemented with the successful bidders who provides QR the best business deals. (As and when required to review)
- Continuously strive for renegotiation/reduction of handling cost
- Implement, establish and monitor standard operating procedures (SOP) and Service level agreements (SLA) with the GHA’s in the region to ensure smooth cargo operations in station. This also includes Streamlining policies with GHA staff in order to follow procedures in the absence of cargo staff at the respective station. (Establish SOP and SLA’s and review them on a regular basis in order to ensure service offered by GHA’s are as per QR expectations)
- Ensure discrepancies and non-conformances are minimized in order to reduce claims and penalties at the respective station to increase customer satisfaction and reduce carrier liability. (Ensure all operations staff and GHA Staff of the station are well aware of the procedure and regulations in order to minimize any penalties, claims etc.)
- Co-ordinate with customer services / cargo claims departments at Head Office and forward all necessary claim documents, handle discrepancies at stations and in all administrative issues related to station. Fixed time to be given as target (ex: claim files to reach within 7 days or 10 days)
- Liaise with local Government/ Customs Authorities for obtaining permission; to comply with regulatory issues related to cargo operations. (As and when required. Establish strong contacts with such authorities and regulatory bodies.)
- Ensure that the operations staff/GHA staffs of the station has followed mandatory training requirements and possess valid licenses to handle cargo (DG, LAR) at the respective station. (Nominate staff for mandatory and other training and ensure the presence of trained and licensed staff in station).
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.
- Ensure that any personal data obtained and processed is treated in accordance with data protection principles followed by the Group, as well as applicable Group policies and Procedures on data protection and information security.
- Consult the Group’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) office prior to making decisions on the processing, storage, retention and deletion of professional data with regards to responding to Subject Access Requests (SARs), conducting Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIAs) and identifying any personal data breach, if there is no policy or procedure that provides adequate guidance.
Environmental Competencies Understand:
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS: Qualifications/Experience:
- Contribute towards Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets.
- Have a good understanding of environmental principles and tools and how they apply to your department and role.
Job Specific Skills:
- Vocational/Diploma or Associate Degree or equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on role)
- Experienced - minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experienced - minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Knowledge in air cargo operations is a must.
- Ramp Handling Course.
- Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Live Animal Regulations
- Perishable cargo handling
- Command of English language.
About Qatar Airways Group Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We have grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
- Air Cargo Management.
- Detailed knowledge of IATA Cargo handling, IATA Cargo Services Manual, DGR regulations and other pertinent operational regulations.