About the role:
Execution of continuous process improvement across QAS Cargo functions. Support departments in QAS Cargo through process mapping and root cause analysis. Leads process improvement projects in order to implement improvement initiatives which enhances business operations. Leads innovation projects and actively scouts for industry trends and new technologies in the air cargo industry.
This role is under the Cargo division of Qatar Aviation Services (QAS)
- Scout for new technologies that is relevant to QAS Cargo and create strategic business cases to enhance existing operations.
- Prepare business cases, proof of concepts and trials for innovative solutions together with internal and external stakeholders in order to determine the feasibility for QAS Cargo.
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to implement full innovative solutions to enhance existing operations.
- Create project charters in order to set up and plan process improvement projects.
- Oversee project deliverables and manage stakeholder expectation in order to meet deliverables (On Time In Full).
- Evaluate effectiveness of process improvements by measuring success factors and following up with stakeholders.
- Provide improvement plans for bottlenecks/ constraints in operational processes to optimize cargo flows.
- Support with process improvement and transformation projects together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and lead business contingency plans together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support with change management and process adoption as well in order to ensure correct adoption of processes and new ways of working.
- Organize training and familiarization sessions for internal and external stakeholders to ensure correct adoption of processes and new ways of working.
- Organize and lead review/ performance meetings with internal and external stakeholders in a structured order to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Advise and guide business units to adopt enhanced working approaches to achieve optimum service levels and KPI’s.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Qatar Aviation Services (QAS) is an award winning, premier ground handling organization whose global headquarter is at Hamad International Airport (HIA), the hub airport of Qatar Airways. QAS is certified in ISAGO, ISO 9001, RA3 (Regulated Agent) and is a member of the IATA Ground Handling Partnership, proactively participating in various IATA technical groups such as IATA Ground Operations Manual, Load Control & Messaging, Ground Service Equipment & Environment and Airside Safety Group.
QAS Cargo provides services like Import & Expert Handling, Special Cargo Handling and Cool Chain, for 34 Passenger and Cargo Airlines including Qatar Airways, handling more than 1.8 million tons annually at Hamad International Airport.Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible Qualifications About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global communityAbout you:
An ideal candidate will have:
• 5 years of work experience in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
• 2 years of experience with Process Management and Root Cause Analysis within Air Cargo industry
• Familiarity with Business Analysis techniques and tools e.g. SIPOC/ Swimlane
• High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification / Relevant Diploma
• Understanding of Process Improvement theories such as Lean Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints
• Experience in Transformation Processes and Change Management
• MS Office suite of applications at advanced level
• Good command of English language and great interpersonal skills
• Innovative, creative out-of-the-box thinking, solution-oriented
• Good analytical and decision-making skills
• Good time and priority management
• Experience in leading teams and strategic projects