As a Chef De partie you are responsible to support the senior chefs during the assigned shift to ensure smooth production and operation. Required to plan the operation of the section within the shift with regards to planning of manpower and scheduling of daily operations. Supervises the Commis Chefs during an assigned shift, to ensure that all preparations are as per production plan and all meals are prepared as per standard recipes and within HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) guidelines.Responsibilities
Be part of an extraordinary story
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked in his section according to company standard recipes and specifications.
- Ensure that store stocks are rotated and controlled within the kitchen without any wastage.
- Ensures that raw materials are utilized cycle wise within a minimum waste and maximum yield.
- Implementing the designed menu and ensure that every detail is in line customer specifications and quality.
- Check that hygiene and grooming standards are being followed by the entire junior staff.
- Provide proper and clear handover between the assigned shifts to peers.
- To adhere to all company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times and to ensure that all records of such are updated and kept.
- Cross check the prepared and dished out meals for taste, texture, quality and quantity before leaving the kitchen.
- Coordinate and monitor the team to ensure smooth operations, maintain the food productivity in the section.
- Checks the quality of Raw Materials required in the kitchen and highlight any issue to the Sous Chef immediately.
- Maintains department log book and ensure all relevant information are captured in line with compliance requirements.
- Escalates all damages or loss immediately to the appropriate department.
- Assist other sections in emergency cases and staff shortages base on department Head and Chef on duty advice.
- To Maintain Daily Chiller Check list record and to maintain FIFO (First IN First Out) policy and procedures.
- To be fully aware about legal requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention and evacuation.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possibleQualifications
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for the candidates with Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 1 years of job-related experience. High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum2 years of job-related experienceEssential
About Qatar Airways Group:
- Knowledge of the full Menu Cycles, Uplifts, Sectors, Equipment’s and flight details.
- Good working knowledge about Food and Beverages.
- Basic Food hygiene and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) skills.
- Fluent in reading, writing, speaking English.
- Must be keenly aware of new trends and directions in the fine dining service industry.
- Computer literate.
- Planning and supervisory skills.
- Logical approach.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So, whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.How to apply:
If you’re ready to transform how millions of global users connect, explore, and transact then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form