About the role
Fire and Safety Officer is responsible for Implementation, maintenance and testing of fire detection and fire protection systems in the residential as well as commercial buildings of Qatar Airways. In addition, responsible for implementation of fire safety measures in the QR Buildings. Responsible for adherence, implementation, monitoring of Fire hazards related contents of Safety Policy of Qatar Airways. Promptly provide any feedback to the management in the eventuality of any threats.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Audit and evaluate fire systems within QR buildings and premises to identify inherent shortcomings, system failure and or required improvement in existing Fire system assess whether control measures have been implemented. Report on the suitability and sufficiency of existing fire system arrangements in new properties identified for leasing and identify solutions to address any areas of deficiency in order to minimise fire risks and hazards in support of occupancy by QR staff.
- Responsible for surveillance of Qatar Airways buildings ensuring a safe environment at all times to assure that portable devices like fire extinguishers, fire blankets, signage, active devices like smoke detectors, fire alarms, sprinkler system and fire hydrants are in operating condition; participate in mock fire drills conducted in Office Buildings and contribute in fire prevention programs.
- Responds to all fire alarms; determines occurrence of any fire situation; escalates the incidence to the Line Manager, verifies the attempts to extinguish fire and where required coordinate with fire department. Answers telephone calls and/or operates a telephone switchboard when the facility or building is closed. Drafts incident and accident reports and maintains a record of fire safety related activities. Renders first aid to employees, residents, and visitors in cases of injury or illness.
- Supervise repairs and maintenance of fire alarm systems and firefighting systems as instructed by Line Manager. Checking detectors, cabling, alarm panel, and fixing faults of minor nature.
- Supervise breakdown maintenance in situations where the Service Provider appointed by Building Owner does not respond to calls as required by expected SLA / turnaround time. Inspect the existing systems particularly in the old buildings and advice on capital repairs of old, obsolete and outdated equipment.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support on relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and standards in order to minimise fire risks and hazards. Identifies potential safety or fire hazards; takes action or makes recommendations to eliminate hazard.
- Assist Lead Fire and Safety officer as well as Legal Department during inspection of Fire systems by Government authorities with technical inputs.
- Conducts a/o participates in employee safety and accident prevention programs; participate in preliminary investigation of employee accidents.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level
- Additionally, should have Certificate from competent institute of having qualified as Fire and Safety Officer.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in Gulf region having a certificate of registration with authorities from any of the Gulf countries where the applicant has resided.
- Experience in supervisory role in any of the Facility Management teams of corporate house / hotels.
- Should be well conversant with FM 200 systems as well as other specialized fire protection systems.
- Experience with proficiency in a supervisory position
- Proven track record in working independently and in groups.
- Experience of undertaking inspections of premises and evaluating the fire systems.
- Experience of evaluating fire safety design submissions desirable
Job Specific Skills:
- In depth knowledge for repairs and testing of water based firefighting systems including sprinkler system, fire hydrants, FHRs, water mist system, deluge systems, FM 200 systems.
- Thorough knowledge of methods, materials and understanding of workmanship.
- Should have knowledge of codes and standards followed for firefighting systems in Gulf region.
- Should be conversant with design, operating and maintenance principles of conventional as well as addressable fire alarm systems as well as various firefighting systems.
- Should have excellent communication skills to interact with employees from other departments as well as from Building Landlords’, Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible