About the role
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high!
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, Qatar Airways Cargo offers a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
With our continuous growth, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exclusive and exciting opportunity to join our QR Cargo - Customer Experience team
as Lead Cargo System Automation Officer
in Doha, Qatar.
You will handle the overall Cargo Automation system across the QR network and coordinates with IT department on IT/Automation related issues to ensure cargo department gets uninterrupted service 24 hours a day.
The main purpose of this job is to handle the overall Cargo Automation system across the QR network.
Some of the tasks include:
Be part of an extraordinary story
- Ensure through regular checks if all cargo network stations/users have access to the cargo application or can communicate to the cargo application for seamless operations.
- Ensure new stations system readiness for go-live thru active participation in the New-Station setup meetings and discussions.
- Ensure all reported system issues are fixed and all modules working according to expectation.
- Need to assist the network in a 24/7 team which looks after system issues across the online and offline locations.
- Record all system performance issues thru JIRA (IT tool) and take suitable corrective action for improvement.
- Monitor all reference data in the Cargo Application with regular checks and ensure regular updates to business.
- Ensure all online stations updated with adequate access to the system.
- Ensure the outstation staff as well as HDQ staff are well trained on the system and are aware of the functionalities on the system.
- Actively involved in trouble shooting and guiding staff with regard to cargo system.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of new system improvements to meet business processes.
- Coordinate with outstation stakeholders on system implementations and interfaces.
- Coordinate with external software vendors on system activities and performance
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possibleQualificationsAbout you
About Qatar Airways Group
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of job- related experience
- Experience in air cargo reservation systems would be an advantage.
- Command of English language
- Airline Messaging, EDI Automation System
- Cargo Reservation & Rating trainings
- Project management essentials
- Presentation skills
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community. How to apply
If you’re ready to join a progressive team and have a challenging and rewarding career, then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form.