About the role
As Licensed Aircraft Engineer, you are responsible in ensuring the full serviceability and airworthiness of the assigned Qatar Executive aircraft at any time. Working within Qatar Executive Doha facilities, on one of the most modern fleets, you will be integral and valued team member of the growing Technical facility.
You will provide full support to the Lead Engineers/ Management to perform any scheduled or unscheduled tasks, which is required as per the approved maintenance documentation to ensure fulltime aircraft availability and highest standards possible. Working to the highest standards in accordance with Qatar Civil Aviation Authority (QCAA) regulations and Company procedures to ensure the continued safety of flight for these aircraft. Your core responsibility is to ensure timely and quality performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities on the aircraft assigned to you.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
• Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities as required to support the successful operation of Qatar Executive commercial fleet
• Manages, encourages and motivates the team to perform the tasks required. Determines materials, tooling, support required to perform assigned maintenance tasks.
• Manages inspections and defines priorities of defects to be rectified. Identifies skill sets required and coordinate effective use of pool personnel available to you.
• Proactively find solutions to the defects to ensure efficient resolution while adhering to Safety, regulatory and company policies and standards
• Advises of any impending issues or areas of concern that may have an impact on aircraft and in particular cabin system serviceability.
• Responsible for the final release of work while ensuring tasks are performed to meet QE standards and targets such as aircraft availability, system reliability and level of acceptable deferred defects.
• Reviews work procedures, equipment and standards to propose improvements to ensure work processes are effective. Implement solutions to technical problems within his range of operations.
• Assists QE management in the definition of new aircraft, GSE and support requirements.
• Provides assistance to other QE departments, as required, to define, develop and prepare maintenance work packages
• Provides specialist support, as required, to QE Maintenance, QE CAMO and Engineering.
• Travel to the location of an aircraft at short notice, to perform troubleshooting and defect rectification professionally and with maximum efficiency.
• Provides guidance and/or on the job training for technicians and mechanics.
• Ensure aircraft maintenance tasks are accomplished in accordance with company policies and procedures, with special focus on documenting maintenance activities.
• Works together with OEM’s, vendors and supplier to find solutions to defects and/or problems affecting the operation of the aircraft
• Produce on time, delivery responsibility and required standard of aircraft reliability and appearance.
• Perform additional tasks as required and instructed by Maintenance Manager as required by the company
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
Successful candidates are required to have the following skills and qualification:
• Degree or Equivalent/ Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance/ Trade/ Vocational Aircraft Maintenance qualification
• Holder of minimum 1 full Qatar Executive main fleet, ICAO type II / EASA Part 66 B1 /QCAA license and approvals
• Minimum of 5 years of job related aircraft certifying experience.
• Hold current Certifying authorization with an EASA or TCCA Part 145 organization
• Worked with recognized corporate jet aircraft type ratings, preferably with one aircraft operated by Qatar Executive included on your type license.
• In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals appropriate to his area of employment
• Sound knowledge of air legislation regulations
• Able to make clear, rational decisions under pressure
• Capable of determining the most appropriate tool(s) and equipment to perform the tasks.
• Detail oriented to ensure high standards of aircraft serviceability and appearance.
• Able to work independently as well as function as part of a team.
• Able to understand and implement instruction from technical manuals and documents
• Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English.
• Car drivers license
Current types operated,
• Gulfstream 650/650ER (BR-7oo-725A1-12RR)
• Global Express XRS C (BR-700-710-A2-20RR)
• Global 5000 (BR-710-A2-20RR)
• Embraer 135 / Legacy
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Cenizaro Hotels & Resorts
- Airport Services Duty Officer - DallasDallas, TX, United States
- Senior Cargo Sales Executive - Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA, United States
- Airport Services Duty Supervisor - BostonBoston, MA, United States
- Cargo Freighter Operations Officer - Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA, United States
- Cargo Sales Manager - ChicagoChicago, IL, United States