Manager Business Support & Financial Control
About the job
About the role
You will be responsible for the preparation of financial and strategic information, monitoring variance against the budget, evaluating opportunities/risks and implementing cost control. You will support the middle management business with financial business cases, dashboards and analyses. Your will focus on value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analyses for Senior Management in Finance and middle management Business. You will organize and manage requests from Senior Management Finance, set priorities and manage daily work of team members. You will also ensure compliancy with QR accounting policies and procedures.
We need you to develops business partner relationship functionality with leaders of assigned area of responsibility. You will be accountable to present an objective view of the financial situation and provide sound recommendation for the allocation of resources in the most efficient way to achieve business objective.
- Develop, monitor and review, Internal Accounting Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for each area of operation within the business unit, in line with business needs, with focus on process improvement and internal control.
- Facilitate risk management process and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on company business operations, initiatives, projects, strategic goals and objectives.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods for financial accounting and oversee month end / year end closing activities.
- Develop advanced financial models and conduct analysis using a broad range of quantitative tools and techniques (trend analyses on past financial and operational performance, root cause analyses, analysis of profitability drivers, scenario modelling for future options, unit-cost benchmarking).
- Responsible to participate in the annual strategic planning process - this may encompass industry and market trends and analysis, SWOT analysis, scenario analysis and planning, budgeting and forecasting, strawman development and sensitivity analysis.
- Introduce a way of thinking culture that causes people with the authority to recommend feasible projects to firstly consider the value, risk and relative priority as a fundamental element of submitting the project proposal.
- Prepare, analyse, enhance and present on monthly basis KPI performance to budget holders, analysing revenue / expenditure variance ensuring that actual income and expenditure remains in line with plan, and analysis are submitted on a timely manner for both the user department and Finance Department.
- Prepare, analyse and present on quarterly basis rolling forecast to business and financial stakeholders.
- Analyse actuals, forecasts, and budgets and prepare analyses for senior management of the assigned business stakeholders and corporate performance against benchmarks.
- Review commercial contracts and business proposals, to be in line with policies and procedures.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 6 years of job – related experience
- Experience working to tight internal reporting timescales and managing responsibilities/work interruptions, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization. Excellent written, verbal and strong influencing and negotiations skills.
- Must have the ability to analyse, interpret data and present effectively.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Excellent Command of English language.
- Good knowledge of internal finance system.
- Knowledge of cost centre accounting, preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review variances, understand business cycle and their impact on the profit and loss account.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Access and Power Point and have proficiency with Oracle Financials.
- Strong Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Must be self-starter, work independently, have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritizes, handle multiple responsibilities, work interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with more than one reporting line.
- Proven commercial skills and business acumen.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible
- Department: Event
Manager Business Support & Financial Control
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: