Manager End User Technology
About the job
About the role
You will manage the large IT End user technology landscape which include QR Group & Subsidiaries for daily management and operations of all end user Endpoints & Peripherals. Your responsibilities include the design, testing, architecture and management of the end user computing platform, maintaining technology standards based on industry best practices, managing a technology roadmap, and proposing new solutions based on business strategy. You work with teams across IT to deliver solutions, serve as a subject matter expert in end user computing technology, manage governance and compliance to the standards, and drive focus on delivering an excellent customer experience to enable business productivity.
- Accountable for software licenses for end user devices are audited and managed properly in order to be legally compliant on vendor license policies.
- As part of Software packaging function, ensure that the software applications are properly designed and meticulously tested by the respective teams before being released to Production
- Contribute to management of all the contracts and procurement processes related to end user computing and customer services delivery areas to ensure there are no disruption in operation due to non-availability of standard End User equipment.
- Evaluate, test, benchmark and procure suitable end user devices such as PCs, Laptops, Tablets, MFPs, VDIs, etc.
- Leads and plans upgrades, changes, or implementations for System Center Configuration Manager Components while following established change control procedures
- Accountable to meet Standard audit compliance (PCI DSS, ISO 27000, etc.) for Endpoints and End User Technology Domain
- Monitor the usage statistics in order to proactively troubleshoot potential issues in IT End-user devices using tools like Nexthink, SCCM, etc.
- Responsible for QR SMS Gateway and Managed Print Service Systems.
- Lead the full life cycle, from discovery to launch, of Nexthink products enabling QR IT support teams to diagnose and troubleshoot IT incidents faster and more effectively.
- Be part of the Technology Infrastructure & Operations management Team, providing EUC-specific expertise, effective leadership and driving continual improvement to achieve and exceed both KPI and goals
- Lead the EUC team creating vision, setting and communicating direction and bringing clarity to ensure they are equipped to deliver and develop Continuous review of service delivery using KPIs, Reports and other Statistics for process improvements, service automations and creating resource efficiencies in order to reduce man power requirements.
- Carry out research and development to adopt emerging technologies in the area of end user computing.
- Accountable for PC Imaging, software patches, upgrades and OS security patches regularly on all the end user devices (worldwide) for secure and reliable access.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with minimum 9 years of job-related experience
- MCSE and CCNA
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Certification.
- Hands-on experience managing SMS Gateway Technology with multiple application integration, billing and accounting
- Comprehensive understanding of PC hardware, software, operating systems, directory services, printing, etc.
- Extensive Knowledge of SCCM, NexThink, Antivirus, Managed Print Services
- End User Product/Technology evaluation skills, Vendor and Contract management, Software Deployment.
- Ability to identify Cyber Security Threat and Violations when they occur
- CITRIX, VDI, AZURE technologies would be preferred
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community
- Department: Event
Manager End User Technology
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: