About the Role
A great opportunity to join the growing multinational Internal Audit team. The role provides overall management of financial, operational and revenue audits in order to reduce QR exposure through providing advice, counsel and opinions regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management and internal control processes in Qatar Airways.
This role is responsible for keeping oversight on annual audit plan and identifies new key risks to be included for scoping risk based audits.
Below are some of the successful candidate accountabilities:
- Develop IA plan for each audit assignment.
- Execute the fraud investigations (plan, execute and document).
- Assist Head of Internal Audit in preparing presentations for the QR Executive Management.
- Support Head of Internal Audit in dealing with the external consultants, lawyers, internal stakeholders, and financial auditors.
- Proactive monitoring of assignments in progress.
- Conduct in depth review of audit assignments.
- Interact with the senior staff of QR Group.
- Monitor the quality of the works of the assigned team and provide frequent feedback.
- Keep track of timelines for each engagement.
- Lead the sections of the recommendations tracking follow up process.
- Continuously work on developing & improving internal audit methodologies to enhance audit efficiency.
- Ensure internal audit methodology is fully documented, updated and available for reference at all times.
- Participate in preparations of the Annual Audit Plan and ensure its delivery.
- Participate in the budget preparation based on approved Annual Audit Plan.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Law or Business Administration.
- CA, ACCA, CIA or CPA qualified, with excellent post qualification experience;
- Airline internal auditing experience a strong plus
- Certification in Risk Management or Internal Controls a strong plus
- CISA or CFE certified a strong plus
- Internal audit or public accounting area
- Expert in Financial Accounting & Auditing
- Ability to analyze complex processes.
- Experience in managing different audit teams and multitasking.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you’re ready to transform how millions of global users connect, explore, and transact then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form.