About the role:
As a Senior Cadet Pilot Selection Officer, your responsibilities will be to ensure a planned, effective and timely selection of cadet pilots in accordance with the training agreements with the respective flight training organizations and the manpower plan of Qatar Airways. This will include cadet pilot screening, interviews, and coordination of cadets’ joining paperwork, in addition to raising SMA and coordinating Second Officer joining formalities as per the expected graduation dates of the cadets under the different scholarship schemes which are offered by Qatar Airways.Accountabilities:
- Responsible to liaise with the flight training organizations on necessary matters to ensure proper selection process is maintained for cadet pilot selection right from the stage of advertising until a suitable cadet pilot is selected.
- Responsible for actively helping and assisting the Manager Cadet Pilot Program and Manager Cadet Pilot Selection starting from the selection of the cadets until they graduate and join Qatar Airways as Second Officers. This includes: screening, interviews, preparation of training agreements and relevant documents, coordination of joining formalities and on-boarding as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget and maintain financial records in regards of all costs incurred with the selection process of cadets for the Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) program.
- Responsible to liaise with cadet pilot training as well as manpower planning team in regards of second officers joining log update and extra training slots required.
- Responsible to liaise on necessary matters relevant to the joining process of the cadets upon successful completion of their training. This includes submitting the supporting documents for the SMA process and raising SMA as well as coordination with HR admin for offer letters and HR on-boarding team for transfer of sponsorship and obtaining police clearance, etc.
- Participate in the interview and selection process of the cadets.
- Continuously involved in development of the processes of the department to ensure smooth operation.
- Participate in generating the necessary publicity and interest for the Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) Program by coordinating school visits and ensuring that Qatar Airways take place in the career fairs as required.
- Supports the management in the Quarterly and Yearly performance evaluation of the cadet pilot program team to ensure Qatar Airways standards are achieved.
- Strong liaison with Flight training organizations in Qatar and overseas as well as manpower planning to ensure delivery of planned manpower causing no work disruption.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
An Ideal candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with minimum 5 years of job-related experience in flight operations management and with proven influencing experience at a senior level.Essential
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Initiative to solve problems relevant to cadets’ selection and cadets’ training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
About Qatar Airways Group
- Judgement & Analysis
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible