About the role
The Senior Crew Control & Pre-Ops officer supervises the duty crew control/ Pre-Ops team within the IOC and is responsible for ensuring flight coverage and operational crew compliance post roster publication. The role is responsible for crew schedule management during disruption situations and for ensuring rosters are maintained in accordance with all legal and company requirements. During the Pre-Ops window the role works alongside the aircraft scheduling pre-operations team to deliver overall schedule optimisation, including reducing operating costs and creating new revenue opportunities. Roster changes may be due to operational, management, or crew personal reasons but are also are highly driven by commercial tactical planning and optimization. The role is 24/7 shift work in the Integrated Operation Centre (IOC) and requires regular liaison and professional interaction with Flight Crew, Cabin Crew, IOC stakeholders and Flight Operations Management.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Act as first escalation point for IOC stakeholders in the event of operational disruptions.
- Maintain situational awareness of the overall operation and monitor events that may lead to disruption. Proactively prepare contingency plans; ensure relevant crew availability, duty hours, rest period, qualifications and any associated constraints are established in a timely manner to support disruption recovery activities.
- Ensure that required APIS / APP submissions are filed through dedicated governmental portals, and automated submissions (from AIMS/TOPS) are successfully transmitted to comply with Immigration and borders control requirements
- Coordinate with QR Outstation wake up / pick up for Crew where operational reasons require a non-standard pick up time e.g. discretion for reduced rest.
- Prepare and publish reports using OZONE tool to assist in future decision making when it comes to Paid Days OFF and SBY Level.
- Finalise Crew Routes in case of Flight cancellation or Aircraft changes and reflect the same on the crew roster to ensure legality is achieved.
- Support post-flight analysis of major events and assist with the review of team performance.
- Work closely with aircraft pre-operations team to evaluate and action Aircraft Schedule Changes to facilitate delivery of an optimised schedule and any additional commercial/revenue opportunities.
- Facilitate the crew roster hand-over from Rostering to Pre-Ops and then to Crew Control.
- Participate in Corporate Emergency Response, Support Crew Control activities related to any event
- Ensure all additional crew members HOTAC is arranged by checking with QR outstation staff to avoid minimum rest disruptions which might lead to a massive delay.
Without a Degree:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience
With a Degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent without prior experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Crew Control, Crew Scheduling or Crew Planning background
- Crew Control experience managing crew schedules in day-of-operations window of control
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible