As the Senior Manager Contracts Litigation, you will be responsible to manage disputes escalated/referred to the Contracts Department arising from the various business divisions across the Qatar Airways Group will be accountable and responsible to lead and manage a team of contract and legal specialists in addressing contentious matters including commercial litigation and regulatory disputes. You will also oversee the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts and other documentation as required and supervise the work of junior lawyers.
Your scope of work would cover the below but not limited to :
- Develop or amend company policies and/or legal documentation and contract templates to mitigate the risk of future litigation.
- Develop, monitor and make recommendations in respect of balance between and in house resource and external counsel in managing litigation and pre-litigation matters. Evaluate and manage spend on external counsel.
- Negotiating, drafting and implementing a wide variety of complex, multiparty agreements.
- Drafting/reviewing correspondence at pre-litigation stage to ensure business interests are protected.
- Liaise with and manage external counsel as required in addressing disputes, litigation and dispute resolution processes such a mediation and arbitration.
- Review, draft, interpret and negotiate major contracts to monitor the risk, minimize exposure and make sure the Company’s interests in the contract are protected.
- Assist and support other Qatar Airways Departments with contract interpretation and implementation.
- Advise on liability and legal exposure to the company.
- Summarize, analyze and/or distil external counsel advice obtained on issues relating to the dispute/litigation and convey in succinct terms the same to the Executive Management.
- Understand and summarize complex legal issues relating to the dispute/litigation in the context of the business and its commercial interests and advise the Executive Management of its options accordingly.
- Review and update contracts templates, and standard terms and conditions ensuring they mitigate risk of disputes between parties and apply lessons from any disputes/litigation.
- Administer the resolution of legal disputes through litigation or arbitration or compromise or the like as appropriate to protect the company’s legal remedies.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates holding a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience especially within Litigations & Dispute resolution. You should have experience and aptitude for managing and supervising the work of other lawyers. You should hold a Law degree and be qualified to practice as a lawyer in a jurisdiction.
Candidate should have the:
- Ability to function under pressure and work on various projects simultaneously.
- Ability to grasp new areas of law rapidly and accurately
- Excellent contract drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Managerial skills – In this role you will be leading a team, hence you should have the ability to delegate work, set clear directions and manage workflow and have strong mentoring and coaching skills.