Richemont owns some of the world’s leading luxury goods Maisons, with particular strengths in jewellery, fine watches and premium accessories. Each Maison represents a proud tradition of style, quality and craftsmanship and Richemont seeks to preserve the heritage and identity of each of its Maisons. At the same time, we are committed to innovation and designing new products which are in keeping with our Maisons’ values, through a process of continuous creativity.FP&A Senior Manager, Watch BrandsMAIN PURPOSE
As FP&A Senior Manager you will be responsible for the financial outlook (actuals, budget, forecasts, variances) of 3-4 watch brands, including but not limited to analysis to explain underlying business dynamics as well as reporting and commenting on results. In addition, you will develop collaborative relationships with the brand teams locally and centrally to master the specifics of each brand to facilitate strategic partnerships and the ability to drive the various financial processes, support brand management with special projects for strategic decision making and monitor brand KPI’s. As a member of the FP&A Watch Brands team, you will also support various cross brand initiatives such as internal controls review and compliance.
This role requires strong interpersonal skills with significant interaction amongst key stakeholders across the organization within the brands locally as well as centrally plus within Richemont North America. Based in Shelton, CT. and reporting into the AVP, FP&A Watch Brands, this role requires in-depth knowledge of and interaction with the watch brands as well as Richemont regional functions.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the monthly close process by collaborating with business partners (particularly for reclasses and accruals), managing deadlines, ensuring accurate financial results, monitoring phasing and analyzing trends.
- Review sales analysis to monitor evolution and trends as well as understand key drivers.
- Balance sheet/cash flow analysis (customer deposits, current liabilities, stock provisions, sales return provisions, lease reporting) as basis for sound budgeting/forecasting, including monthly phasing.
- Provide timely variance analysis to business partners highlighting potential risks and opportunities.
- Maintain and distribute month-end reporting to brand management, including insightful commentary. Continue to design relevant reporting and dashboards to meet brands’ needs.
- Prepare capital investment requisitions including detailed P&L’s, supporting commentary and relevant comparatives to brand KPI’s. Provide guidance on appropriate policies and templates as well as insight on P&L specifics based on brand and/or regional metrics. Liaise will all key stakeholders (local and central brand teams – commercial, finance, construction; real estate, accounting).
- Track capex spending by project vs budget and approved capital investment requests; collaborate with brand teams for transparency and reconciliation. Identify and communicate potential issues.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support broader finance team as needed.
- Work closely with brand personnel to drive the annual budget and rolling forecast processes to ensure timely and accurate submissions, including detailed workpapers and commentary. Support the brands during annual strategic plan presentations.
- Monitor headcount and work together with HR team to ensure correct reporting for foundation of accurate budgeting/forecasting of personnel costs as well as headcount.
- Primary point of contact for brands as well as Richemont regional functions regarding invoice coding, approval matrix, non-stock purchase orders and other operational concerns.
- Key advocate of internal controls, including communication to brands, monthly reviews and follow up to ensure compliance as well as meaningful feedback on control documentation.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other relevant field.
- 7-10 years of FP&A experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
Technical / Personal Skills
- Background in accounting and finance principles.
- Experience with SAP and/or Anaplan a plus.
- Strong PC skills, including extensive knowledge of MS-Excel, Analysis, PowerPoint and ThinkCell. Power BI and/or SAP Analytics Cloud helpful.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to interpret qualitative as well as quantitative information.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels and functions within the organization, adapting communications and deliverables to diverse audiences.
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Curious nature with ability to be proactive and problem-solve plus flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Detail oriented with keen time management skills; able to dive deep into specifics while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player; comfortable taking on big and small tasks alike .