The story of Cartier is founded on audacity and passion. For more than 170 years we have embraced a bold, pioneering spirit that continues to inspire our teams across all Métiers from our boutiques to our workshops and corporate offices. Our 7,500+ colleagues of 90 nationalities are united by a shared independent spirit and commitment to excellence, striving to continuously enrich our Maison’s heritage by pushing the boundaries of creativity.
At Cartier North America, We are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
SR. MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES - CARTIER LATIN AMERICA & THE CARRIBEAN
Strategic HR business partner overseeing 100+ employees and leaders across Miami, Mexico and Brazil corporate offices and boutiques. The HR Business partner will be a driving force in building and implementing the HR Strategy in line with the Cartier Maison and region business plans. This role is critical in leading our people initiatives and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. The HRBP will be a critical partner to the business and be a key partner in reaching the commercial ambitions of the region and embedding a talent-oriented agenda that meets the long-term needs of the organization. As a newly dedicated role to the Cartier Maison, the HRBP will have the opportunity to be a part of building upon an established HR foundation and tailoring it to the needs of the region. An essential focus of the role will be dedicated to strengthening core areas of HR such as Recruitment, Talent Development and Compensation.
- Implement strategic recruitment practices in the region, in alignment with Richemont strategies.
- Develop and promote a strong employer brand value proposition in the region.
- Partner with Hiring Managers in attracting, recruiting and hiring candidates whose talent, competencies and experience supports the business needs and evolution of the skills & competencies required.
- Strategize and implement solutions to support employee attraction and retention; regularly monitor open position reports and analyze turnover for benchmarking purposes.
- Coach Hiring Managers on all aspects of Cartier’s recruitment, interviewing and onboarding processes.
- Providing coaching and guidance to ensure managers can proactively manage performance issues to mitigate risk to the business and ensure that employees are given consistent feedback on their performance
- Strategize and implement programs that are designed to build employee engagement and reduce turnover in the region.
- Partner with Legal to conduct investigations; resolve all employee disagreements, terminations and litigation cases in full compliance with country/ local guidelines and Richemont governance.
- Develop and implement appropriate compensation and bonus strategies based on business objectives and financial achievements in the region.
- Lead the compensation planning and salary review process for the region.
- Partner with Rewards team to address gaps in pay and benchmarking opportunities.
- Oversee and approve employee status changes (i.e. promotions, salary increases, and special bonuses).
Career & Succession Planning:
- Lead the organizational talent review process for the region; partner appropriately with HR & business leaders to validate results and plan appropriate next steps.
- Develop regional talent strategy based on talent analysis data; incorporate results as part of the Cartier HR Strategic Plan.
- Build talent pipeline and actively promote internal mobility, both in the region and internationally.
Learning & Development:
- Develop a strong partnership with the central L&D team to ensure that trainings & development programs are meeting the needs of the population.
- Work with central teams to address developmental gaps following annual performance and organizational talent review processes. Ensure IDPs are developed and delivered for key talents withing region.
- Provide assistance as needed for business transformation and change management processes.
- Oversee on boarding and induction in alignment with L&D team.
- Support the integration of the Richemont Americas initiative, spearheading the intergration and regularly sharing feedback and opportunities for improvement.
- Partner closely with COEs to improve HR Efficiencies and ways of working for the region.
- Articulate key challenges within HR function and develop solutions to address areas of opportunities.
- Geographical area (scope) under responsibilit y
Cartier LAC, Mexico and Brazil
- Complexity of assigned territory
Geographically extended area: trip duration up to 9 hours flight
Multi-country territory: different tax and customs laws and regulations to consider; different political and economic situations
Multi-Language territory: four languages
- Budget under responsibility
- Level of autonomy
Works under direct supervision of the Cartier Americas Director HR Director & Cartier President
- Number of FTE under responsibility
Miami: 36; Mexico: 55 ; Brazil: 25
- Headcount supervised
Bachelor’s Degree in human resources management, Labor Relations or related field. Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
Minimum eight – ten years of progressive experience in Human Resources, preferably in a multicultural, international, fast moving matrix organizational environment. Strong experience in recruitment and talent sourcing including the successful definition and implementation of a recruitment strategy. Experience working in retail preferred.
Technical skills / abilities:
Intermediate/Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Fully bilingual (English & Spanish) required. French and Portuguese would be a definite plus.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Human Resources management, with skills in talent management, employee relations, recruiting, and performance management, as well as compensation & benefit administration.
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills in dealing with employees at all levels of the organization, including leadership, influencing and relationship-building across functions.
- Experience coaching mid and senior-level leaders to improve leadership performance.
- Change Management / Transformation experience is a plus.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Drive-for-results orientation with the ability to translate complex, strategic topics into specific, understandable goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and consulting skills, including leadership, influencing and relationship-building across functions in a fast-paced matrix environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in identifying needs, developing action plans and executing deliverables and presenting outcomes and recommendations.
- Understanding the nuances of working in a global, matrixed environment
- Candidate must be resilient, pragmatic with ability to keep the big picture in mind while we are in a state of “rebuilding” and elevating the HR experience within the region.
- Ability to prioritize and set realistic goals/milestones and to articulate needs. Important that this leader that the leader doesn’t get overwhelmed by issues but takes a proactive approach to problem solving and looks at problems as opportunities.