Richemont owns some of the world’s leading luxury goods Maisons, with particular strengths in jewellery, fine watches and premium accessories. Each Maison represents a proud tradition of style, quality and craftsmanship and Richemont seeks to preserve the heritage and identity of each of its Maisons. At the same time, we are committed to innovation and designing new products which are in keeping with our Maisons’ values, through a process of continuous creativity.
At Richemont North America, We are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER - NEW YORK
Richemont owns a portfolio of leading international ‘Maisons’ (brands) which are recognized for their distinctive heritage, craftsmanship, and creativity. The Group operates in four business areas: Jewelry Maisons, being Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels; Specialist Watchmakers, being A. Lange & Söhne, Baume & Mercier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Officine Panerai, Piaget, Roger Dubuis and Vacheron Constantin; Online Distributors, being Watchfinder.co.uk and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP; and Other, including Alfred Dunhill, Azzedine Alaïa, Chloé, Montblanc and Peter Millar.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Director, has a vital role within the Richemont organization in North America and will be responsible for supporting the efforts to optimize indirect procurement/sourcing activities within the Maisons and Functions while driving savings. The Strategic Sourcing Manager position requires a highly resourceful individual with strong relationship-building, self-motivating, analytical and sourcing skills. He/She will assist in leading the regional sourcing efforts and execute best practice purchasing principles.
The qualified candidate will drive value region-wide working closely with Central Procurement, internal Sourcing team members, the Maisons and Functions. He/She will center on the details while focusing on the Richemont mission/vision.
- Support the development and growth of strategic sourcing plans within key spend areas delivering the core RNA requirements on quality, delivery, and cost in alignment with stakeholders/leadership
- Closely collaborate with Category Managers in Central Procurement, RNA Maisons and Functions to implement procurement strategy, policy, and procedures to formalize sourcing activities
- Advance value-added opportunities with Maisons and Functions to enhance procurement platform services while building team awareness
Quality & Customer Service:
- Optimize vendor selection process within varied categories, in accordance with best-practice principles conducting RFx events, leading negotiations and developing contracts
- Lead procurement forums and provide continuous trainings to educate stakeholders on current compliance requirements and harmonization opportunities
- Manage supplier performance reviews including remediation, re-negotiations and reduction in TCO
- Responsible for delivering cost savings/avoidance by leading the end-to-end sourcing process
- Support and develop a competitive advantage for RNA through best-in-class agreements
- Identify strategic cost savings opportunities through category analysis, spend data, and Maison and Function business requirements
- Develop creative, value-focused sourcing strategies in line with business needs
- Build innovative procurement processes that generate efficiency and compliance improvements
- Work closely across multiple business functions to streamline the procure to pay process cycle
- Ensure suppliers have approved Richemont Supplier Code of Conduct
- Align with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and integrate into the RFx process
- Create cross-functional partnerships to promote procurement guiding principles with each Maison
- Degree in Procurement, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 4+ years’ mid-level experience in procurement or consulting
- Project management skills combined with an ability to work as part of a cross-functional team; RNA has a matrix structure where working across Maisons and Functions is required
- Experience in the luxury industry, as well as the consumer retail (including e-commerce) and wholesale distribution channels
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Key Experiences & Competencies:
- Detailed oriented person, motivated in a fast-paced environment managing multiple activities; Ability to work independently as well as in a team and complete assignments within established deadlines
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency; Results-orientated with a strong track record of overall execution; Continually striving for improvement and efficiency
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances; Comfortable working proactively in a challenging environment and capable of prioritizing with execution in a timely manner
- Ability to cultivate/maintain strong collaborative working relationships with the Maisons, Functions, multiple corporate levels, external contacts and third-party partners
- Proactively troubleshoot with an ability to gather/analyze data from numerous sources, and interpret results into actionable steps supported by an analytical approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication, especially pertaining to vendor relationships, negotiations, internal/external communications; Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful improvements coupled with strong presentation skills
RNA is based in Manhattan with offices in Midtown East. Some team members are based in other locations, and periodic travel may be required to Shelton, CT; Dallas, TX; Mississauga, ON. Occasional travel to Richemont’s headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, may be necessary.
Interested in this opportunity?