A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe . Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Overnight General Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment. This position requires overall maintenance of the rooms and the building, preventing against depreciation. Must be able to repair or replace key components and trouble shoot electrical and mechanical systems of the building including but not limited to chillers, pumps, motors and cooling towers. Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Duties & Functions:
- Builds, repairs, and paints all parts of the hotel.
- Installs and replaces lighting fixtures and bulbs.
- Cleans carpets and rugs.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Periodically checks in on electricity, plumbing, air conditioning and furniture.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment including broken furniture.
- Repair and maintain equipment such as phones, vacuum cleaners and floor machines.
- Replace faucets, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Paints corridors, hotel rooms, and lobby areas when necessary.
- Transports heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs.
- Assists in delivering and set-up of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
- Responds to all customer requests in a timely and personable manner.
- Communicates with maintenance supervisor on various projects as assigned.
- Handle all repairs of commercial kitchen equipment including ovens, range burner equipment, mixers, dishwashers, smaller appliances and other associated kitchen equipment.
- Handle preventative maintenance of all equipment and update appropriate logs.
- Comply with sbe Work Rules and Standards of Conduct.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Respond to guest calls regarding maintenance of rooms and equipment in rooms or public area in a timely manner.
- Respond to all emergency conditions such as fires, power failures, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional guest service.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into sbe’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Previous experience as a hotel engineer is preferred or comparable maintenance experience at an establishment such as apartment complex or office building.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair in hotel/residential building.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, mechanical and general repair skills.
- Must have electrical and mechanical understanding to maintain and repair pumps, chillers, boilers, and HVAC systems.
- Schedule dependability, professional communication, positive attitude and some computer knowledge are important.
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Must have flexible availability to include days, evenings, nights and overnight shifts
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch and kneel
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to seize, grasp, turn, reach, handle, hold and feel objects.
- The employee must regularly be able to lift, push, pull, move and carry at least 60 pounds
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons...
Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons...
- Overnight Front Desk Supervisor, Hyde MidtownMiami, FL, United States
- PBX Supervisor, SLS BrickellMiami, FL, United States
- Overnight Front Desk Agent - PT, Hyde Midtown MiamiMiami, FL, United States
- Full Time Maintenance Technician, Hyde MidtownMiami, FL, United States
- Part Time Hyde Ambassador - HYDE MidtownMiami, FL, United States