Mondrian is a way of travel. With its groundbreaking design and progressive programming, it is a “must” destination for locals or travelers. Mondrian is always at the heart of the most exciting cultural scenes in the world, serving up innovation and creativity for everyone. Mondrian provides a playful framework so that guests and locals alike can immerse themselves in the culture of each city it inhabits.
Perfectly nestled in the base of the glittering Hollywood Hills, Mondrian LA has made a name for itself as an icon in its own right. Enter through Mondrian’s 30-foot mahogany doors and settle into your luxurious retreat while discovering the wild within. Welcome to a world of effortless sophistication and vibrant culture.Job Overview
Under the general guidance of the Director of Skybar Operations, perform all duties and is Responsible for supervising all aspects of bar operations and beverage outlets, while maintaining a profitable operation and high-quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.What you'll do...
What we're looking for...
- Ensure the bar ethos is in line with Mondrian standards are consistently maintained
- Ensure and promote compliance with all local liquor, health, and sanitation regulations
- Manage and provide direction to all bar employees on the floor during shifts and events
- Hold staff accountable to uphold uniform and grooming standards to the highest level
- Ensure that staff receives consistent and proper communication (verbal, email, memos, etc)
- Monitor departments performance with respect to the bar's budget
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory to ensure it’s in line with the budgeted cost of sales
- Hold staff accountable for giving an Engaging Dynamic Guest Experience to all guests on property
- Consistently monitor the quality of service and product delivered on property
- Collaborate on needs of departmental staff scheduling
- Instruct staff in ongoing training to uphold service standards
- Coordinate menu sponsorship deals and menu product placement
- Act as the direct liaison to the Engineering and Housekeeping Departments in regards to maintenance of the property’s functionality and overall look.
- Interview employees and provide input on talent selection
- Assess employee performance and provide feedback annually and throughout the year
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high-level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relation
What’s in it for you…
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Join an established brand within a fast-growing company committed to not just building hotels but building a global brand
- PTO, great healthcare, competitive pay and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning opportunities to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends, and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.Mondrian LA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.