Grow with us...
Life at SH is based on a simple idea: the world is beautiful and we want to keep it that way. But we can’t do it alone. That’s why hiring thoughtful and inspiring leaders who understand that our people, collaboration, stellar service, and respect for nature are so important to us. The Opportunity...
One of the most important roles at Treehouse London. Our dream General Manager
is a proven thought leader, an experienced innovator, true tastemaker and hospitality guru. They're energetic, exuberant and impeccably spoken, as well as a beloved leader and mentor for almost anyone on the Treehouse London team. The role will also oversee all aspects of the hotel’s daily operations, from maximizing ROR to going above and beyond to fulfill specific guest requests. You’ll play a key role in supporting the Executive Committee’s achievement of its objectives, and you’ll always represent the best face of the brand.
One more thing: we believe in positive, healthy work environments, no matter what. It’ll be your job to foster one that’s constantly evolving—improving every employee’s work life, and giving them a life outside work.About the position...
- Develop and communicate a hotel operations strategy that is aligned with the company and brand and lead in its execution.
- Establish goals to optimize performance and hold the operational leadership team accountable for desired outcomes.
- Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the Treehouse Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
- Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action.
- Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and provide opportunities for growth and development to maximize talent.
- Develop the hotel operational budget and monitor financial performance to ensure goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Ensure proper controls are in place and policies are established and followed by all team members.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships and ensure direct reports do the same.
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication occurs (e.g. daily rallies, divisional/departmental meetings, attendance at regular and ad hoc hotel meetings).
- Recruit and select talented leaders and team members who will enhance the Treehouse culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
- Provide guidance and direction to all team members through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
- Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent.
- Passionate about leading a hotel operations team with a minimum of 10 years of progressive related work experience in an upper upscale and/or luxury hotel environment.
- A minimum of 3 years as a Hotel Manager in an upper upscale and/or luxury hotel.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree would be a plus.
- An expert in hotel operations, a strong leader and a proven track record in guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
- Excels at communication, both verbal and written.
- Is flexible and willing to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.