Responsible for the coordination, deployment and delivery of L+D programs and initiatives (e.g. core management, brand service culture, talent development) within designated markets with oversight from Senior Manager, Greater China L+D Delivery. This position will partner with the Area or Market HR Directors and AVPS/MVPs to identify training needs and collaborate with the APAC L&D team to recommend and deploy insightful learning solutions.
This position requires strong organizational skills, dynamic facilitation and classroom management capabilities for in-person and virtual training. Also acts as an ambassador for the L&D team and therefore demonstrates leadership skills and integrity at all times.
· Professional facilitation of a broad range of L+D programs.
· Effectively manage the day to day logistics and coordination of programs offered, ensuring appropriate materials are available, enrollments are submitted on a timely basis, ongoing and timely communication to key stakeholders.
· Communicate schedules in advance and distribute on a timely basis to ensure program participation is maximized.
· Leads and organizes market training events (e.g. cluster ESSM) with support from Senior Manager, GC L+D Delivery.
· A minimum of 50% of their time is spent training – ILT or vILT.
· With oversight from Senior Manager, GC L+D Delivery, works with the Area or Market HR Directors and AVPS/MVPs to provide regular updates, identify training needs and recommend learning solutions.
· Communicate training needs to the APAC L&D team, and provide support in the design, development and deployment of learning solutions.
· Support the deployment of Global, Continent and Regional L+D initiatives in their designated market.
· Works closely with the property Training / HR leaders to ensure on property training programs are being delivered and all program requirements acted upon.
· Works with on-property L+D Leaders, providing information and support as required for their development strategies.
· Engages and connects with L+D leaders in their respective market through regular meetings and networking activities.
· Manages L+D social networking groups such as WeChat creating strong groups connections while ensuring timely field communications.
· Support in the orientation and development of property L+D managers/officers by providing assistance to HR leaders on the Onboarding process for all the new hired training personnel.
· Identify High Potential IMTNs in the market and provide feedback regarding development and next level program advancement.
· Flexible to travel as and when required.
· Provides translation support as and when required.
· Serve as champion of Marriott culture instilling the core values and principles of Marriott, demonstrated in all behaviors and conversations.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Minimum 2 years in a training management/delivery role is essential.
· Minimum 2 years management experience.
· A hotel operations background will be an added advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
· Fluent in English and Chinese.
· Has mastered skills in facilitation, training and presentation, both classroom and virtual. Has the proven ability to facilitate training across a diverse range of programs and geographies.
· Thinks strategically and demonstrates connectivity with training strategy and overall human resources goals.
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing). Ability to network and build relationships by various communication means.
· Effective conflict management skills, respecting a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate.
· Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals.
· Self-Motivated and ability to take initiative action without relying on directions from others all the time.
Education or Certification
· University degree in Hotel or Business Management preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent minimum requirement
PERFORMANCE CONTRIBUTIONS, COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer relationships.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer issues and concerns raised by direct reports.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer and associate characteristics.
GENERATING TALENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITY
- Ensures the right jobs are in place to do the work.
- Looks for ways to better organize work and assign tasks.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to do the job.
- Models and coaches direct reports on scope of decision-making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
- Creates a team environment that supports feedback and ongoing development
- Models and sets expectations for desired or required – pick one behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Develops direct reports by identifying needs and helping them build development plans.
- Supports recruitment efforts and builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Models and coaches others on making effective hiring decisions using available tools and processes.
- Ensures successful on-boarding of new talent.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Shows flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts others and communicates concerns to leadership.
Communication & Professional Demeanor
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems related to daily operations.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and takes action in a reasonable amount of time.
LEARNING & APPLYING PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and direct reports.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and direct reports.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about discipline trends and best practices.
- Sets aside department training hours to support associate development.
- Coaches and holds direct reports accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures direct reports understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, guest/associate satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains strong technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
Building & Contributing to Teams
Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
Manages disagreements among team members.
Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
Driving for Results
Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
Makes sure direct reports understand performance expectations.
Sets and tracks goal progress for self and direct reports.
Monitors the work of direct reports to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
Breaks down barriers so direct reports can accomplish their work.
Planning & Organizing
Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
Ensures direct reports have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.