Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
• Oversees the operations of a spa, recreation & pool operations and manages the employees under the department.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Comprehends & manages budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
• Responsible in keeping up to date on industry trends, guest satisfaction, competition and the business climate in Dubai and the region.
• Ensure the department operational budget is in line and that all costs are strictly controlled.
• Assists in reviewing and improving as necessary the operational procedures for the entire Spa.
• Assists in preparing the annual business plan, forecasts and marketing plan.
• Assists in building an outstanding Spa team by demonstrating personal standards of excellence and demanding the same from all employees.
• Regularly review policies and procedures relating to the spa and taking action to formulate and propose improvements.
• Formulate policies and procedures for the spa, recreation and pool operations.
• Ensure that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa facilities policies and procedures.
• Prepare periodic reports for senior management on the activities and usage of the spa.
• Respond to guest feedback and complains proactively and with care.
• Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by striving to maintain standards of excellence.
• Follow and complies with the local and company regulations and policies regarding occupational health, safety and security; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete health, safety training and certifications in their work area.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
• Fully embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests;
• Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
• Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers;
• Are detail oriented and hands on;
• Are a team player with strong interpersonal skills;
• Have the potential to develop into a leader, motivate and develop self and other associates;
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
• Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
• Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
• Uphold ethical business practices.
Language required: English.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai located in the heart of Dubai, United Arab Emirates on Sheikh Zayed Road is your crossroads to Dubai. The 474 luxurious rooms and suites are equipped with the comfortable Sheraton Sleep Experience beds and enjoy magnificent views over Dubai from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
On the 52nd floor, the Soul Wellness & Spa welcomes guests to sample a menu of relaxing treatments whilst Sheraton Fitness offers an array of health and fitness options to enhance your sense of well-being whilst travelling. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus for staying guests to the Mall of the Emirates and La Mer beach.
The hotel's business and meetings centre feature six meeting rooms, and one large, adaptive ballroom and the dedicated Events Team is on-hand for all requests and queries. The restaurant options include Feast, &More by Sheraton, and Larimar by Dawn & Dusk.
Enjoy our hotel located minutes from Dubai International Airport, The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and opposite the Dubai World Trade Centre.