Sheraton New Orleans - Food and Beverage Management Training Program
About the job
Description of the Location:
New Orleans is a city of paradox and contrast: it has nevertheless preserved an exuberant and uninhibited spirit, perhaps best exemplified by its Carnival season, which culminates in the famous annual Mardi Gras, when more than a million people throng the streets. The city of Jazz has it's center in The Vieux Carré, or French Quarter, is a sightseer’s delight. Its Creole architecture, creating the atmosphere of a foreign city, that anyone would like to get lost in!
Description of the Training:
Create unforgettable guest experiences in the Front Office, Culinary Arts and Food and Beverage departments at a world-leading luxury hotel/resort through a J-1 program at the Sheraton Hotel New Orleans. Train in a diverse and multicultural environment, under the guidance and leadership of industry leaders in the guest services field as you rotate in different roles in the department.
This rotational program is designed to give you exposure to the international hospitality industry and give you the experience needed to excel in your career when you return to your home country.
Description of the Position:
Train in all areas of Front Office,, Culinary Arts and Food and Beverage by rotating through multiple outlets:
• Learn to ensure high quality and consistency of service as per Hotel’s standards;
• Welcome guests and colleagues in a polite and friendly manner;
• Train with professionals across multiple outlets to perform tasks as needed;
• Ensure compliance of all Hotel's standards;
• Learn to strive to achieve departmental targets;
• Ensure cleanliness of work areas;
• During training, ensure to be in compliance with all Hotel's health and safety policies;
• Perform all other reasonable duties as needed.
Number of positions: 6
$15 per hour
Accommodation is participant arranged
The first 14 days of accommodation are covered by the employer
• Advanced English required;
• Must be a current student of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or recent graduate (less than 12 months ago) of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or a graduate of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution (more than 12 months ago,) with 12 months of verifiable related work experience;
• Or must have 5 years of verifiable related work experience.
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions;
• Positive attitude;
• Good communication skills;
• Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service;
• A polished and professional appearance and compliance with Hotel grooming standards;
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations;
• Ability to work calmly while meeting deadlines.
Language required: English.
Our vision: To become an international company that places students and young professionals from around the world in working and living environments that will enable them to develop their dream career.
Our mission: To become an international company that places students and young professionals from around the world in working and living environments that will enable them to develop their dream career.