Sixt is looking for a Fleet Manager to join the (location) branch. They will be given considerable responsibility and authority to make decisions that directly impact the success of the branch. To do so, they must demonstrate good judgment, honesty, and integrity everyday while overseeing their team and working with vendors. The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
What you will do:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to influence and make decisions by applying independent judgment
- Oversee and monitor subordinates as well as vendors to ensure that the fleet is maintained in accordance with established standards, within acceptable timeframes, and in a cost-efficient manner
- Ensure that policies and best practices are properly followed
- Oversee all in-fleeting activities including timely new vehicle acceptance, PDI, installation of tags, and other proprietary items making vehicle ready to rent
- Oversee all de-fleeting activities including timely inspection, reconditioning, plate removal, and movement of program and sale vehicles to marshalling centers or auctions
- Oversee all estimate writing, quality checks for repair work performed, and turnback inspections at marshalling centers
- Plan, direct, and monitor preventive maintenance, body repair, warranty, and other repair work for all company rental vehicles and customer service buses
- Select and continuously evaluate vendors (body shops, dealers, and other maintenance-related vendors)
- Collaborate with Branch Operations Management to ensure maximum fleet availability and cohesion between Fleet and Operations
- Keep Regional Fleet Manager apprised of relevant performance indicators on a regular basis
- Provide reports and create presentations as required
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in fleet maintenance
- ASE certification and/or bachelor’s degree a plus
- Familiarity and working knowledge of vehicle maintenance, collision repair, systems, components, and design
- Competency in various computer applications systems including Microsoft Office
- Likely to require at least 20% travel, some of which may be by airplane
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day and/or evening hours
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and 401(k), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life and Supplemental Life benefits and future growth opportunities within the company.
At Sixt, we pride ourselves on having an inclusive and unique environment. We are an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Men / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with Sixt Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Sixt rent a Car, LLC or any of its subsidiaries or brands.
Come join our team! Apply now. About the department:
As a mobility service provider, our Branches & Operations division is the point of contact with our customers: whether by phone, app or directly in our SIXT branches. This means: premium service directly to the customer, advice and sales in exchange and responsibility for the rental process of our premium fleet. As part of a team, it is easier to explain our products, find the best solution for the customer and manage the day-to-day business.About us:
We are a leading global mobility service provider with sales of €1.53 billion and around 7,000 employees worldwide. Our mobility platform ONE combines our products SIXT rent (car rental), SIXT share (car sharing), SIXT ride (cab, driver and chauffeur services), SIXT+ (car subscription) and gives our customers access to our fleet of 205,400 vehicles, the services of 1,500 cooperation partners and around 1.5 million drivers worldwide. Together with our franchise partners, we are present in more than 110 countries at 2,070 rental stations. At SIXT, a first-class customer experience and outstanding customer service are our top priorities. We focus on true entrepreneurship and long-term stability and align our corporate strategy with foresight. Want to take off with us and revolutionize the world of mobility? Apply now!