SOHO HOUSE BERLIN is a private members' club and hotel in a listed building in the heart of the capital. In addition to restaurants, a fitness studio, rooftop pool, in-house cinema and a spacious spa area, the hotel offers 65 rooms in various sizes, 20 flats and four lofts. In addition to Berlin and Great Britain, there are other houses in the USA, Toronto, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Istanbul and Mumbai. The SOHO HOUSE includes the concept store THE STORE X. THE STORE X is a platform for ideas and culture. The range includes fashion, art, design and also attracts a global community of creative people to 180 The Strand in London, Soho House Berlin and Soho Farmhouse in Oxfordshire. Our aim is to present a new kind of experience space that exceeds customer expectations of traditional retail and shopping.The role...
As a Floor Manager
of our Italian Restaurant Cecconi's, you are an ambassador for the brand with a detailed knowledge of the Soho House Group and its concept. Demonstrating a professional approach towards managers, employees and guests, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant Floor as well as the member and guest experience. Keeping up to date with food/dining trends throughout the World, whilst ensure that the entire team displays a ‘can do’ attitude and ‘yes yes yes’ mentality in alignment with The Soho House Ethos.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Soho House and its concept, whilst achieving the highest member and guest satisfaction
- Represent Cecconi's General Manager in during absence
- Lead by example, setting an energetic pace and standards within the team
- Be visible on the floor and engaging with members and guests gaining feedback and noting any comments through reporting channels and directly to the kitchen and front of house team
- Ensuring that members and guests have a great experience and resolving any issues before they depart
- Provide support directly to the team on the floor including (but not limited to):
- Leading by example with a hands-on approach, serving and taking orders if needed and entering into POS
- Daily assignments of responsibilities to all the team
- Organization and control of mise en place
- Daily staff briefings including comprehensive information on members and guests and any other relevant information
- Showing leadership thorough thoughtful decision making
- Ensuring the team are handling and reporting any negative feedback to allow it to be addressed immediately
- Taking immediate corrective action when any incidents occur
- Manage and operate the POS system and ensure all items are updated as necessary
- Contact person for all staff for any requests and problems and being responsible and pro-active in problem solving
- Ordering and purchasing of products for your department
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by management.
- 2 paid 'Volunteer Days' per calendar year (to support charitable causes).
- Soho Friends Membership
- Monthly movie screenings in the in-house cinema with current movies
- Monthly workout opportunities (including inter-departmental).
- Weekly Yoga/Pilates classes
- 50% discount on our Cowshed products
- Discounts with external providers (corporate benefits)
We would like to point out that we will store and process your data within the scope of the application process in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act.