At Soho House a Maintenance Manager
is responsible the local properties infrastructure, public spaces and ensure all aspects meet local, regional and national compliance requirements. As the Maintenance Manager
, you will maintain the brands integrity by following company standards for quality, cleanliness, member / guest satisfaction, safety and security.
A successful Maintenance Manager
will have a solid understanding of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting, training, and managing maintenance technicians.
This position is vital in assisting the General Manager in working through critical path and opening the new Soho House Portland location.Main Duties
- Responsible for routine inspections throughout the property to ensure safety standards are being met and that Soho House & Co is compliant with local, regional and national government
- Strategic business partner and resource for the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Executive Chef to ensure maintenance and upkeep is preserved in public spaces, pool, amenities and F&B spaces
- Organize, plan and oversee renovations with the design and development team as well as project manage repairs so that members and guests are not interrupted or disturbed during their visit
- Lead cost reduction action plans to conserve energy and overall operating costs while also being proactive and encompass ability to act fast to resolve emergency issues
- Lead and influence team of Maintenance Technicians as well as external contractors while servicing the property
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs
- Daily tasks may include are not limited assisting the events department with events set ups & moves, carpet and tile floor repair, painting, exterior projects, routine Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm, kitchen and restaurant equipment, electrical and plumbing repairs
- Responsible for knowing Emergency Procedures and partnering with Health & Safety team to conduct walk throughs to mitigate risk by proactively supporting the operation
- Ensure all storages and maintenance shop is kept organized and clean consistently.
- Must maintain strong communication of all projects, issues, timeline and milestone dates
- Minimum of 4+ years of relative experience with a proven track record of executing projects on time and budget while maintaining a clean, safe and approachable environment
- Ability to build professional relationships with all leaders and proactively identify solutions or alternative options
- Team-player who can work well independently as well as on a team
- Flexible schedule and ability to work morning, night, weekend and holiday’s (as needed)
- Strong mechanical and building maintenance experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Individual must possess a good work history and stability
Why work with us...
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to make periodical fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the property to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, push, carry or lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, cleaning, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Team Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.