Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact. Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business. The Role…
We are seeking a Members Events Programming Manager to report to the UK Head of Events, responsible for the curation, organisation and management of the Members Events program across Central London.
An incredibly exciting, varied and rewarding job for someone with exceptional creativity, cultural understanding and organisation. Suiting an independent worker who’s able to work remotely, but also as part of the UK Members Events team whilst closely liaising with the membership & communications, content and operational teams at the Houses.Main Duties…
- Through the existing membership network, your own contacts, and the ability to make new ones, design, plan and execute the production of 40-60 ‘one of a kind’ monthly Members Events across the region.
- Ensure the House & Friends Member Events calendar is varied, original, and appealing to our Local and Every House members, in keeping with the current composition of live music, talks, comedy, supper clubs, parties, workshops and new and original formats.
- Work with content and live rooms teams to optimize events for capture and digital consumption.
- Maintain a strong organisational presence across these events, whilst also delegating to the membership and communications team when not present.
- Ensure all events are organised and planned in time for quarterly deadlines, and relevant copy and photos are organised to advertise to members.
- Assist with Membership duties such as gathering feedback and covering evening or weekend membership shifts.
- Work closely with the Private Hire Manager at the House and the wider operational team to ensure that spaces are booked and functions sheets are produced ahead of all events.
- Produce all timelines and risk assessments where necessary, working in conjunction with H&S team.
- From time to time, work weekends and holidays when creating and organising larger scale events and special occasions, such as Halloween, NYE and summer parties.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends, ensuring the events remain interesting for a diverse & creative crowd.
- Be on the cultural pulse, across all of the companies ‘content pillars’
- Work closely with the other Members Events Managers and Membership and Communication Team across the UK and world to share ideas and event concepts.
- Attend Committee Meetings at the House to gain feedback and observations about Members Events, and weekly team meetings to report on the Houses.
- Produce monthly budgets for all events, outlining all expenditures where incurred, including detailed budgets for large scale events.
- Proven experience of exceptional creativity, operational and management skills.
- Strong proficiency in organisation, problem solving and communication.
- Experience in Events Programming and Curating within the Cultural Industries.
- Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) experience.
- Must be flexible to work according to the events requirements including regular evenings and occasional weekends.
- Must have a voracious interest in outside cultural events.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, whilst being resilient and capable of managing stressful situations.
- Hospitality or live events experience advantageous.
- Digital content & streaming experience advantageous.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career.
- Discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- Annual Every House Membership
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health and Dental Care
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Season Ticket Loan
- In conjunction with Soho Impact, take 2 days paid a year to support a charity of your choice.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.