At Soho House, a Server Captain
is responsible for supervising the team during service and positively influencing the team to execute effective and efficient service. Understanding, discussing and educating members and guests all menu items, allergies associated (if applicable) while also presenting an approachable and elevated experience by following Soho House Service Standards. The Server plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of service and guest satisfaction. Also, collaborates with other team members and completes pre-service and post-service duties, accurately entering orders into POS and being attentive during service to support additional member or guest request.
A successful Server Captain maintains a positive and influential attitude, is detail oriented, process driven and flexible while working under pressure to ensure seamless communication is maintained through the Front of House (FOH) and Back of House (BOH) staff.
- Act as extension of the management team by providing support to the operations and staff to make decisions and report back to management on staff performance, feedback and overall review of service
- Partner with F&B leaders to ensure new team members are completing on-boarding checklist, all servers are taking breaks as well as create systems and put process in place to better support a more efficient and effective experience for staff and members/guests
- Positively influence members and guests experience by elevating the dining experience with food and drink pairing options and discussing specials to drive sales through consistent and approachable communication and the highest level of service in accordance with Soho House Standards
- Maintain communication and advise Management and Executive Chef on any allergies or potential red flags encountered throughout the night to mitigate any forecasted risk
- Completing and checking side work for each server/server section at the start and end of the shift.
- Responsible for conducting house pay training and micros training with new hires.
- Responsible for closing out other servers – ensuring proper handover, tabs cleared, report printed and filed.
- Responsible for ensuring sections are detailed, set up for success at the start and end of the shift.
- PDQ’s are charging
- Stations are stocked
- Receipt paper for PDQ & Micros
- Allergy slips
- Check Presenters
- Table Wipes
- Water Glasses
- Folded napkins
- Share Plates
- Dining Room:
- Polished silver
- Wine glasses
- Silver tins
- Polished silver
- Orientation of section
- Positioning – chairs aligned; tables aligned
- Pillows fluffed
Maintain constant communication with MOD’s regarding anything service related
- Escalate any member or member of staff issues to MOD
Work with host team to ensure proper flow of members and reservations in all areas