Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Security Supervisor is to assist the Security Manager manage the security department staff as well as guard industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information, and investigation of accidents and criminal acts.
- Collaborates with representatives of local government to ensure cooperation and coordination of property activities with law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
- Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds to watch and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property as necessary.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Performs janitorial duties and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at property entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Security Manager
- Engineering team
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Security Officers
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related experience and/or training equivalent – required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Trade related certifications – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.