In 2022 and 2023 The Hoxton has been taking on Europe! We’ve popped up in some of our favourite cities and most recently we opened our first hotel in Spain and where better to start than in the city of great food, art, design and culture…Barcelona.
We are looking for an experienced Brand & PR Manager
to join our team and play a crucial part in creating the most exciting, vibrant and culturally connected destination in the city with two packed out restaurants and bars and a lively all-year events programme.
Reporting to the General Manager
, you’ll lead our communications and partnership strategy, you’ll build incredible relationships with our Hox Friends community, you’ll act as the guardian of brand values, and you’ll be the curator of the guest experience and a series of programming & partnerships. You’ll constantly be looking for opportunities to improve the experience for guests and locals – from the tiny day-to-day details to the newsworthy big ideas, you’re always-on, spotting issues and opportunities and coming up with creative ideas, partnerships, offers and packages to encourage people to choose The Hoxton in Poblenou. What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- Ensure the hotel, our restaurants and bars and our event spaces are embraced and visited by locals, nationals and internationals alike.
- Drive innovative thinking that delivers on brand and business goals – ensuring The Hoxton is a hotspot, whether that’s for somewhere to work, eat, drink, rest or play.
- Create a strong and vibrant lobby culture to attract guests and make them loyal to the brand.
- Develop The Hoxton’s mains restaurants Four Corners and Tope as strong locals F&B destinations.
- Generate content and manage our local restaurant social media channels with strategic input from our central comms team and support from a brand coordinator and potentially from an agency.
- Create a strong, smart and creative programming to develop La Cava space along with strong local or global partnerships.
- Own and manage our local PR strategy, working with the Head of Communications/Marketing for The Hoxton to ensure the hotel, restaurants, bars and event spaces are always top of mind for media and influencers; as well as driving awareness of other Hoxton properties and hotels to the Spanish media market.
- Build a community of loyal Hox guests and fans – Hox Friends, Social Influencers, local professionals and opinion leaders - who support our communications strategy by constantly talking about and visiting The Hoxton and our restaurants.
- Develop local partnerships and activations in the hotel and city that reach new audiences, spread the word and help to position the brand in a new market.
- Be responsible for local communications including writing and creating emails and delivering local content for our editorial platform, The Localist on The Hoxton website.
- Deliver against the room and restaurant/bar commercial targets and work closely with the F&B, sales and revenue teams on ideas, offers and packages to achieve them.
- Own the guest journey (Hotel, F&B, The Apartment), ensuring every touch point (touch, see, hear, feel) is on brand and delivering personal and innovative experiences.
- Manage the local annual marketing and graphic design budgets, working with the GM to plan, track and manage all spend.
- Create design briefs for any and all local collateral and campaigns to submit to our central Ennismore graphic design team.
What's in it for you...
- Someone proactive and creative and able to work independently but likes being sociable & collaborative too.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- A creative thinker who has a track record building lifestyle brands but also delivering business results in the Spanish market.
- Ability to work across the entire marketing mix, with loads of PR experience and a little black book of media contacts.
- Someone who can not only make cultural partnerships happen or pull-off talked about events but can also think strategically about tactical marketing ideas to drive bookings & covers.
- A great communicator who can copywrite and manage local social media channels and email databases, growing them to become vital comms channels for us to talk to our fans & audience.
- Experience and connections in Barcelona’s foodie scene with the ability to build awareness, reputation and hype for our destination restaurant so it is buzzing from morning to night, every day.
- A personal network of strong local and international contacts in industries such as art, design, fashion, music, tech, wellness who will be Hox Friends, brand partners and regular guests at The Hox.
- Someone who will collaborate really well with our central Ennismore teams, including graphic design, digital marketing and communications.
- A conceptual, out-of-the-box thinker, who makes brave choices and inspires others to do the same.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you: no clones in suits for us.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
More about us...
- A competitive salary and eligibility to participate in our discretionary bonus scheme.
- The opportunity to lead the Brand function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a email@example.com .