The Hoxton is looking for a Receptionist!
In April 2022 we’ve opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for a so-positive-it's-infectious Receptionist
to join our hox team in Barcelona for the season 2023.
Reporting to Front Office Manager
, you will be responsible to provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service to all our guests, ensuring they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept). What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- You're the first face our guests see, and you have your own way of treating them as individuals, making them feel welcome and their stay special - the Hox way.
- Deal with the coming and going of guests, making sure all bills are correct and contain no surprises.
- Work with all our teams to make sure we're always busy, and help our Front Office Manager with any overbooking levels.
- Answer phones, sort out requests, give recommendations to the best show to see and the latest pop-up restaurant to try in the area - you're the one-stop-shop for our guests to turn to.
What's in it for you...
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to.
- Previous hotel (or similar) experience is great, but it's not a must-have for us - if you're eager to learn we can teach you what you need to know.
- Must be fluent in local language and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
More about us...
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Type of contract: Fijo discontinuo.
- The opportunity to be part of the Front Office function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a email@example.com .