The Thinking Traveller
About the job
From the spark of an idea atop an erupting Sicilian volcano, to being voted the World’s #1 Villa Rental Company six years in a row (2016-2021) by readers of Condé Nast Traveller: The Thinking Traveller in a nutshell. We’re a dynamic company with a passion for travel, a thirst for life and a simple mission: to hear our clients say, “That was the best holiday we’ve ever had. We’ll be back.” Our vision is to be the world’s most desirable and most well-respected villa rental company. To achieve our vision, we are thoughtful, we work with integrity, and we take a principled, considerate, proactive and passionate approach to what we do. Every day.
We offer exclusive access to the most exceptional properties in Italy (Sicily, Puglia, the smallest islet of Capraia in the Tuscan archipelago), Greece, Corsica and more recently Mallorca. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled local knowledge and our thoughtful personal service, and we promote a sustainable, eco-friendly approach to travel, investing in the economies of our destinations, participating in local conservation projects, and sponsoring cultural events.
Our team is a multi-national, multi-cultural and multi-talented group of professionals from all around the world. Between us, we speak over 20 languages (and several dialects) and we all share a passion for all things Mediterranean, an extra-mile approach to making things perfect, and a natural flair for high-end hospitality. When we’re not enjoying ourselves at work, we’re marathon runners, bakers, singers, cyclists, cooks, hikers, sailors, wine connoisseurs, dancers, kickboxers, fencers, actors, partners, mothers and fathers.
We offer a collaborative working culture where everyone’s opinion matters, a modern, spacious and comfortable office environment in the heart of Shoreditch, flexibility in how we work, opportunities to develop professionally within the company.
We are looking for an Experience Specialist to join our team in London. Working closely with colleagues in the Villa Specialist team, you will be responsible for proposing an array of experiences and services to our clients which they can book alongside their villa. Working to your client’s brief, you will connect with our partners in our destinations to organise unique experiences that will transform a villa holiday into a truly life-enriching stay.
You will use your love for our destinations to create amazing itineraries and organise unique experiences for our clients, surprising them with thoughtful touches. Working closely with our local concierges, you will organise experiences such as private tours of historic towns and sites, cookery lessons with local chefs, chauffeured vineyard tours, boat charters, helicopter flights, cheese-making, guided treks and so much more.
As well as receiving extensive training for you to excel in your role, we believe in continuous development to help you achieve your career goals, including the opportunity to work with other departments to enhance your skills.
You will also take part in our training trips to our destinations provide you with up-to-date knowledge on The Thinking Traveller’s most popular villas and experiences, enabling you to engage with owners, local concierges and suppliers in order to experience our destinations in the same way our clients do.
Your key responsibilities
• Establishing and maintaining contact with your clients, gathering information from them to ensure their needs are met and exceeded. This includes: flight and passport details, care hire and transfer requirements, restaurant and activity bookings
• Gaining an excellent knowledge of our “Think Experiences” so you are able to describe them in detail and sell them to clients
• Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the geographical area(s) for which you are responsible for so you are able to give accurate information to our clients regarding the local area
• Liaising with suppliers to make bookings requested by clients (such as care hire or transfers etc.)
• Providing detailed information to local managers (based in the Mediterranean) and villa owners to ensure that clients’ needs are met and exceeded during their trip
- Department: Reservations Guest Relations Concierge Customer Service
• A confident and articulate communicator with a love of travel
• Experience in providing impeccable customer service
• Professional fluency (both written and spoken) in English is essential
• A friendly and professional manner in person and over the phone, with fantastic listening skills
• Excellent writing skills to compose emails, guides and letters to excite and inspire our clients
• Organised and diplomatic with great attention to detail
• It is likely that you will be extensively travelled, with a passion and a curiosity for the Mediterranean way of life
• Experience of using CRM software would be an advantage (Zoho in particular)
• Experience with customer care of high-end clients would be an advantage
- Language required: English. Greek is a plus
Our mission at The Thinking Traveller is simple: to hear our clients say “That was the best holiday we’ve ever had… we’ll be back”.
Our aim is also simple: to be the first port of call for anyone wishing to book a quality villa experience in the heart of the Mediterranean .
To achieve this, we provide our clients with access to:
- our collection of exclusive villas, all exclusively available through us
- our unrivalled local knowledge
- our extra-mile thoughtful service
A growing business offering such high-end, bespoke service requires a great team of people and careful management. From just the two of us with an idea, The Thinking Traveller now numbers over 60 members of staff in London, Sicily, Puglia, Greece, and Corsica.
We are a multi-national, multi-cultural, polyglot group of travel professionals with a thirst for knowledge, a passion for detail, an extra-mile attitude, and a shared love of all things Mediterranean. We hail from all over the world, from New Zealand to New York and from South Africa to South America, and we speak over 20 languages (and several dialects). We hold degrees, MAs and PhDs in engineering, biology, languages, sociology, photography, literature, Arabic, international business, tourism, marketing, translation, IT, drama, music and more. When we’re not enjoying ourselves at work, we’re marathon runners, bakers, singers, cyclists, cooks, hikers, sailors, wine connoisseurs, dancers, kick-boxers, fencers, actors, and mothers and fathers.
Start Date:As soon as possible