Director of Business Development, North America
Viator is the world’s largest Experiences OTA with a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, well-established brand. As a member of the Viator Partnerships team, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make impactful contributions.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Business Development to help grow Viator’s distribution and strategic partnerships in North America. This will involve identifying and evaluating growth markets throughout the region, and forming high potential partnerships with strategic value.
You have a high degree of commercial acumen and take analytical approaches to evaluating markets and opportunities. You possess strong skills in partner relationship development and negotiation, thrive on overcoming obstacles, and are creative in solving problems and developing growth opportunities.
You will report to the Global Head of Business Development at Viator and contribute as a thought leader across the Partnerships team.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a detailed understanding of the Experiences distribution landscape in North America, and develop and execute a partnerships growth strategy in line with our business goals
- Identify, engage, negotiate and close commercial partnerships that support the long-term growth of the business
- Collaborate with other members of the Partnerships organization and the Viator organization, including supply, product. affiliates, analytics, customer service and finance
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent at initiating and forming business relationships with new partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit that brings innovation and creativity to new business opportunities
- Actively seeks evidence and data for answering key questions and supporting business cases
Key Skills / Experience
- 8 years+ of business development in tours and activities and/or OTA industries
- Deep understanding of the things to do landscape in North America and preferably globally, with proven success in BD roles across the market
- Experience in high-tech, travel and fast growth business strongly preferred
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Results-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of partnerships and collaborate on solutions
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.