We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Who are we:
Tripadvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. Our goal is to understand travelers better than anyone else so that we help travelers make the most of every trip. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. The Hospitality Solutions team is focused on ensuring Tripadvisor is providing a world class suite of solutions for Hoteliers & Restaurants spanning the full marketing, from Enterprise accounts to independent hotels and restaurants.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, dynamic B2B strategy and growth leader to own. Your remit is to identify strategic areas of revenue growth potential for us to invest in through either building, partnering or buying solutions that match our partner needs and where relevant our traveler needs of our two sided marketplace. Our continuous evolution as a company is dependent on strong strategic insights and important business decisions that will guide the company through our next 3-5 years and the Hospitality Solutions business represents a significant revenue driver for the organization.
Why this job is excellent
As Director of Strategy & Growth for B2B Hospitality Solutions you will be integral to shaping the future success of multiple business lines. You will own the strategic process to understand the needs of our partners, identifying where TripAdvisor has a right to play and win due to our wealth of unique assets and developing from there a strong business model against new products/technology that we could build/buy or partner.
You will actively work alongside relevant stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Research, Analytics and Corporate Development. You will be looking to ensure that all the proper inputs into the strategy are obtained and alignment is gained to enable the successful execution of the proposed business plan that we choose to invest in.
You will report into the VP, GM Hospitality Solutions.
The role includes:
- Lead the process of analyzing the trends of the Hospitality space (including the accommodation industry, restaurant industry and content licensing spaces)
- Identify value creation opportunities, presenting proposals to the B2B Leadership team and Executive Leadership Team. Supporting investment appraisal, funding approvals and broader business case development.
- Lead the strategic planning process
- Coordinate working groups across the business lines when relevant
- Effectively frame complex strategic problems in order to drive methodical resolution of them
- Synthesize information and turn it into successful strategy
- Present key issues / opportunities across Hospitality Solutions
- Own 3-5 year P&L advanced business models
- Drive working groups on specific goals
- Identify the key external relationships with project partners
- Research these partners to enhance relationships and identify shared interests
- Enable relationships at all levels
- Collect and analyze data – pooling knowledge and sharing across teams to educate teams
- Represent Tripadvisor to promote and enhance our industry standing, working closely with the Industry Relations and Public Relations teams as well as attend key conferences and events
What We’re Looking For:
- +10 years experience in Corporate Strategy roles operating within a company or a consulting firm with some experience in M&A or commercial development
- Strong leadership and management, role includes direct reports
- An organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
- Holistic strategic/business thinking & execution of plans
- Ability to embrace change & drive change - test and learn culture
- Ability to work across teams with excellent stakeholder management - Sales, Product, Operations, Marketing etc
- Passion for the business and our partners
- Experience within the hospitality industry a plus
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com