We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Th e Experiences Engineering Team helps users find great places and experiences on Tripadvisor. We develop and operate software that directly impacts end users. We work closely with product and design team members in a fast paced environment. We collaborate on UX and product design, machine learning and data science, product testing and analysis, development and operations, search engine optimization and marketing. We work on a variety of technology stacks that make up the Tripadvisor website. There is always a lot to learn and do!
What you’ll do
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we’re developing in Java, React, SQL and more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years’ experience of commercial software development
- A history of web development with Java
- Good experience of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, React).
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Ability to design and query relational databases.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com .
Interested in this opportunity?