Madrid, ES, 28010
Lisbon, PT, 1050-220
Hours per week:
37.5 – 40
Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation journey and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Flight Ancillaries team being part of the international Flight IT Domain. The Flight Ancillaries team is responsible for building and operating the groupwide platform for sourcing and distributing flight ancillaries such as flight seats, luggage and other service requests across TUI’s global B2B and B2C channels.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the team. You will be an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape, you are a lifelong learner and like to think outside the box. ABOUT THE JOB
- As part of Flight Ancillaries team you develop and scale flight ancillary products front-to-back in order to globally source and distribute them into B2B as well as B2C channels
- Coordinate and co-design the architecture, data integration and performance management as well as develop the scalability of tourist applications, especially in the area of flights
- Develop and implement technically sophisticated and market-driven IT solutions
- Optimise and develop deployment processes with extensive automation
- Drive software development methods and participate in communities of practice
- Be part of a global cross functional team
- Cultivate DevOps mindset with full responsibility to build, operate and own
WHAT WILL BE A PLUS
- Experience developing in Java 11 or higher
- Experience with Spring Boot Framework
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS)
- Experience with JUnit, GIT, SOAP / REST, and Maven
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability, and readability (SOLID, TDD)
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplined team where other team members have distinct but complementary skill sets
- Drive for the best software development practices, ensuring that team members undertaking simple scripting or data transformation work gain benefit from the experience of a career software developer
- Experience with Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Passion for great technology and user experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Security and Spring MVC
- Experience with Kotlin, Lombok, MapStruct. CXF (SOAP), and Microservices architecture
- Experience in Modern web technologies (e.g Angular, Vue or React, SCSS, HTML5).
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.