TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Germany. You will be accountable for delivery of the manpower and leave plan for the Western Region, developing optimally efficient, robust and cost-effective establishment for both Flight Crew and Cabin Crew communities through collaboration with senior stakeholders in Aviation Planning, Customer Delivery, Flight Operations, Crew Planning, Operations and Finance.
In this role, you’ll report to the Senior Manpower & Process Optimization Manager for TUI Western Region.ABOUT THE JOB
As Manpower Manager WR you’ll be responsible for:
- Forecasting Flight Crew and Cabin Crew establishment, supply, reserve & leave for TUI fly Belgium (including the home bases related to the French & Moroccan source markets) and TUI fly Netherlands, ensuring alignment to the fleet and commercial flying programme.
- Establishing Manpower plan from delivery of the commercial plan and continually maintaining on a daily basis
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders across Aviation Planning, Cabin Services, Flight Operations, Crew Planning, Operations and Finance to enable optimal crew efficiencies and total cost of delivery through accuracy of crew demand calculations in accordance with planned flying programme and variable factors such as sickness, attrition etc.
- Refining and optimising the manpower plan, highlighting risks and opportunities and make fact-based recommendations to the Senior Manpower Manager Western Region; recommending appropriate changes to Industrial Agreements which have the potential to improve productivity and thus reduce costs with the support and buy in of stakeholders within the organization. This will be in accordance with Flight Time Limitations (FTLs), Industrial Agreements and any other regulatory requirements of the Belgian and Dutch CAAs.
- Delivering optimal Flight Crew and Cabin Crew supply in conjunction with Flight Operations and Cabin Services to ensure availability of crew to the line is optimized from a productivity and cost perspective and tracking of attrition to manage establishment and / or financial impact of any deviation from plan and communicate with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure effective decision making.
- Collaborating and proactively participating in all required activities in furtherance of a consolidated and optimally efficient TUI Airline Manpower and Crew Planning function
- Reporting on variances to the original and approved plan and participating in, continuous improvement analysis with a focus on value and efficiency
- Deliver innovative and creative engagement solutions to create a cohesive and change ready community
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and operationally
- Logical thinker with ability to generate ideas, solve problems and provide alternatives whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Proven ability to employ analytical tools and/or approaches to enhance performance and manage ambiguity
- Ability to operate in a changing environment and under time pressure
- Skilled communicator with ability to influence, partner with senior leaders across TUI Airline, lead change, gaining support & commitment from leaders and employees
- Ability to operate with multiple stakeholders across entire organization
- Self-motivated and autonomous worker with the ability to take initiative and work collaboratively
- Ability to operate across source markets with multiple stakeholders and customers
At TUI, as the leader within the travel industry, we’re ambitious to keep looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business, while also providing the best environment for our colleagues.
TUI Airline’s goal is to build strong, capable, and creative teams to be the best airline, ready for the future. An important part of our culture is the trust and passion that enables a sense of belonging. Flexibility is key in all areas of our airline, whilst keeping performance and efficiency high. We’re maximizing technology to create a balanced work environment and actively encourage a mixture of home and office working, in roles where it’s possible to do so.