Oporto, PT, 4050-345
Lisbon, PT, 1050-220
Spain, ES, 29630
Hours per week:
37.5 – 40
Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Fight domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Train & Flixbus API. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Flight domain – Rail & Flixbus Sourcing technology organisation which Rail & Flixbus API.
In addition, you also work for the legacy NL, concerning Provider (connections to suppliers). The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select, and guide teams to use the right tools for the right job and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
- You have a deep understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service and micro-frontend landscape.
- You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are well-connected across the domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Excellent proficiency in C#, entity framework and their respective eco-systems
- Deep expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS or Azure
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design
- Excellent knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience.
- Deep understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis and optimisation
- Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL)
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Fluent in English
- Dutch language skills is big plus
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.