TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Customer and Colleague is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the delivery of Customer technology. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Customer technology organisation. We will transform and maintain our customer technology platforms; assisting in eliminating, automating and simplifying customer contacts, enabling TUI to deliver superior customer service and sell great holidays.
Technology Team Lead is a key role within the domain and is responsible for a leadership of one or more cross-functional teams and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments, hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Technology Team Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand
architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of software engineers, analysts, quality assurers, site reliability engineers and other technology professionals.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress. You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the objectives and key results (OKRs) agreed for your team and the strategic results for the Customer domain as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
You will be responsible (dependent on market jurisdiction rules) for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development. You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.ABOUT YOU:
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Passionate about and has a strong knowledge of agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven experience of and a passion for delivering new or enhancing existing technology platforms that will transform and innovate the services we provide to our customers
- Proven experience of leading cross functional teams to deliver transformational projects
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/off shore colleagues or external partners
- Recognise that psychological safety is one of the key factors in creating high performing teams and organisations
- Understanding of modern SDLC processes and Agile delivery methodology
- Experience of delivering into Cloud and DevOps environments
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment.
- Loves developing and growing people and has a strong track record doing it
- Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go.
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.