As our two stars Michelin Restaurant Hostess / Host, you'll be the first, and last person guests see so this is a significant role for us. We're looking for a friendly, well mannered, and customer-oriented person to represent our vibrant two stars Michelin restaurant in front of clients.
You'll take reservations, make seating plans, welcome guests, usher them to their table, and always guarantee the quality of restaurant facilities and service. You'll answer all questions regarding seating in the restaurant and will respond to other questions guests might have about the service. We seek someone proactive who approaches guests to make sure everything is as they desired, and who helps the team in giving them an unforgettable experience.
What Are the Key Tasks and Responsibilities of a Restaurant Hostess / Host?
• Meeting and greeting guests upon arrival.
• Taking seating reservations in advance through telephone, e-mail or other automated systems.
• Being the contact person for guests, especially regarding table reservations, special allergy requests or others, VIP or disability assistance.
• Planning the seating arrangements as per guests' desires, bookings and restaurant facilities.
• Accompanying guests to the table and handing them over to the head waiter.
• Professionally, patiently, and efficiently resolving guest complaints.
• Continually supporting the restaurant in the improvement of their service standards and processes.
The person in this role should meet the following requirements:
• Customer-oriented mindset.
• Up to date with the restaurant's health and safety procedures.
• Possess exceptional planning, organization, and communication skills.
• Able to resolve complaints swiftly, with empathy and politeness.
• Fluency in foreign languages, English is mandatory, German, Spanish are a plus.
• Has notions on how reservation systems work.
• Well-groomed appearance.
Language required: English. German, Spanish, and Portuguese are a plus
Vila Joya – Feels like Home, tastes like Paradise!
Vila Joya is located above the Atlantic and is surrounded by an evergreen garden with direct access to the sea. With its 13 rooms and 9 suites, a two Michelin star gourmet restaurant and 350m2 spa and fitness area, this Moorish style building - formerly the private summer residence of the German Jung family - is now one of the most beautiful privately-run boutique resorts in Europe.
The terrace with views across the garden and towards the Atlantic forms the heart of Vila Joya and as such is the hub and focal point for all culinary delights. From breakfast to dinner, the terrace is the place where guests come together. At lunch- and dinnertime, the terrace is transformed into a two Michelin star restaurant headed by the patron Dieter Koschina. The Austrian chef has been working at Vila Joya for more than 28 years and secured his first Michelin star in 1995 and his second in 1999. Chef Koschina is an essential part of the gem which is Vila Joya – and he is also one of Portugal’s highly decorated chefs.