Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Banquet Houseperson to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh location in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.Job Summary
The Banquet Houseperson in responsible for the set up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space.Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
- Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
- Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
- Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
- Notify management of any hazards.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh, 600 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222 Employment Status:
Full-timeWhat we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
A Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.Nearest Major Market: