Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay Beach is now seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing to join our team in Doha, Qatar.
The Director of Sales and Marketing under the business supervision of the General manager and within the limits of established Corporate/Sales policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of the Sales and Marketing activities. His/her responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of promotional strategies and marketing plans; oversees and assists with the development and implementation of the sales and marketing plan; management of the sales and marketing team and reporting on effectiveness of the plan.
- Produces the Annual Sales plan, marketing budgets and forecasts
- Works closing with the head of Revenue to produce action plan related to the revenue plan to ensure revenue plan objectives are achieved
- Provides a professional, advisor support service to the General Manager
- Coordinates all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume. This includes advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, publicity, community relations, special sales projects, etc.
- Creates and implements special programs to achieve greater profitability through:
- Increasing average rate
- Overall occupancy
- Increasing business volume during off-peak periods
- Increasing local food & beverage and banquet sales
- Enhances the image of the hotel in the local community
- Participates as an active member of the community through associations, memberships and other trade organizations
- Reviews regularly activities reports of Sales and Marketing personnel to ensure targets and Sales objectives are met.
- Organizes and promotes in cooperation with the Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & Beverage sales within the community, including but not limited to, tournaments, balls, parties, gastronomic festivities, etc.
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including but not limited to clients, convention, bureaus, local hotel associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, Competitors and other members of the local community.
- Investigates potential markets by:
- Reviewing Sales Department and Front Office correspondence files
- Analyzing guest history and registration card files
- Studying guest questionnaires
- Reviewing government statistics on visitors to the city
- Analyzing competition’s sales/promotion efforts
- Studying various reference and industry publications for sales leads
- Recommends to the General Manager the kind of advertising which will be most productive for the hotel by analyzing the market effectiveness of past advertising campaigns and consulting with other department heads and the Advertising Agency.
- Procures new and repeat business for the hotel by maintaining contact with Airlines, Travel Agencies, Commercial Houses, Private clubs and professional Associations within the community and neighboring markets
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the Team Members have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Review manning and re-recruitment of all positions in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Team Member restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Support WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent selling skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Understanding of customer service skills
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Ideally 2 to 3 years as DOSM in the 4/5 star hotel
- Ideally Degree/Diploma in a Marketing/Business Administration or any related field
- Hotel industry work experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Ability to manage team
- Proficiency in property management system
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
- Previous experience working in Qatar is required
- Strong understanding of the Qatar market
- Qatar experience is essential
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay, West Bay Doha, Diplomatic Area, Plot number 2003, Doha, Doha 66626
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.