Dolce is now seeking a Event Coordinator to join our team at the Dolce Seaview location in Galloway, New Jersey.Job Summary
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for clerical, administrative, marketing materials, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of Sales/Catering. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
- Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
- Type all correspondence pertaining to department.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
- Type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain trace file as needed.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders (BEOS) as per client needs (Catering Only)
- Assist with daily operations of the Business Center as needed.
- Assist in copying/faxing/mailing.
- Greet guests/clients/employees when necessary.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Dolce Seaview, 401 South New York Road, Galloway, New Jersey 08205 Employment Status:
Full-timeWhat we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
A Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.Nearest Major Market: