Dolce is now seeking a Lead cook to join our team at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort location in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Lead Cook is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items for all outlets, Banquets, Room Service and Employee Cafeteria, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of related progressive experience or a culinary graduate with at least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Have thorough working knowledge of menus and preparation required to produce food according to hotel standards.
- Assist in controlling costs by maintaining food cost within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure the completion of necessary food and station preparations prior to opening the restaurant and Room Service in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during operating hours.
- Ensure the completion and display of buffet items according to hotel standards.
- Assist and supervise on kitchen line during restaurant operating hours to maintain the highest standards of efficiency, productivity, and quality. Be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in need of help.
- Supervise and assist in the food preparation for Banquets as required, following specifications of Banquet Event Orders. Ensure banquet items are completed on time and check with Banquet Manager or Supervisor for time, cover count or any other changes.
- Supervise the preparation of food for the Employee Cafeteria, as necessary.
- Ensure that food is prepared following hotel standard recipes.
- Be familiar with all kitchen tools and equipment to include: Electric slicer, buffalo chopper, commercial blender, ovens, broilers, range tops, steam kettles, grill, fryer, mixers, food processors, meat grinders, seam table, knives, etc.
- Maintain the “Clean As You Go” policy. Be responsible for maintaining the sanitation and cleaning schedules of the kitchen. Keep all storage areas neat, orderly, and clean.
- Supervise and assist with the break down of buffets and kitchen line, ensuring proper storage of food and equipment at the end of each meal period.
- Ensure that all employees practice safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self or other employees.
- Assist, as necessary, with the following: Scheduling, ordering, cost controls, training, production charts, daily inventory charts, overseeing daily prep list and ensure completion.
- Assist in maintaining a key control system within the kitchen.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker, storeroom and walk-ins are locked when not in use.
- Ensure that the Employee Breakroom is kept neat, orderly and clean.
- Maintain high food quality standards in the kitchen and find ways to improve upon them.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Assist in training staff in the operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is committed to attracting, motivating, and retaining talented team members who align with our company’s core values. We are proud to reward our full time team members with comprehensive benefit programs and resources which include:
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Participation in any of the benefit plans and programs made available to team members is subject to satisfaction of eligibility requirements. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plan or program at any time in accordance with applicable law.
Wage Rate: $17.50
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Casino Barrière de Toulouse
Casino Barrière de Toulouse