Descripción de la oferta
Sedona’s red rock formations and stunning canyon walls of the Arizona desert will hypnotize you with their beauty. Hilton Sedona Resort At Bell Rock, located at the foot of the renowned red rocks, is home to Eforea Spa, with locally inspired therapies such as the Essentials Journey featuring an invigorating red clay body wrap. The property is close to hundreds of hiking trails and adventure guides will assist you with maps and advice to get you on your way in Sedona, the day-hike capital of America.
As the Director of Spa & Wellness, you will be responsible for the following key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for spa, fitness and wellness programs, operations, service experience and commercial success
- Create and lead the strategic direction of the spa and wellness business in partnership with hotel leadership team
- Work closely with hotel’s commercial teams (sales, marketing and revenue management) to implement and activate a commercial plan for the spa that drives utilization, spend and overall revenues across all guest segments
- Work with the hotel leadership team to develop and oversee the annual spa & wellness budget; including operational targets and capital expenditure recommendations
- Work across the hotel, within the spa and wellness department, and across 3rd party partnerships to meet and exceed budgeted goals and profitability
- Ensure successful performance through ongoing financial analysis and agility to implement procedures that drive revenue, maximize profitability and align with ownership interests
- Oversee the ongoing development and positioning of spa & wellness offerings, including overall concept definition, market-appropriate positioning, innovative spa treatments / wellness /fitness programs and a retail selection in line with brand standards, market relevance and current trends
- Review and refresh spa and wellness offerings in line with, and in anticipation of, guest and industry global trends.
- Display hospitality-led leadership, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for all guest and team member relations
- Communicate, implement, and enforce clear and consistent guidelines for all aspects of spa, wellness and fitness service excellence
- Lead, motivate and empower team members to provide excellent levels of service, through ongoing training and a focus on the continuous improvement of operating policies and service standards
- Implement audit and evaluation measures to ensure the highest quality of spa treatments and wellness programs that drive guest satisfaction
- Mentor spa and wellness team members; oversee performance evaluations and succession planning. Play an integral role in the growth of the current and future team
- Maintain open communication with all team members
- Possess knowledge of spa/ wellness brand standards and requirements for Forbes Certification; ensure talent/service execution is aligned with certification goals
- Monitor and consistently walk through all spa/fitness/ wellness areas, to ensure they are well maintained, clean, and functioning properly
- Serve as a highly visible, participatory leader and credible subject matter expert who proactively and consistently engages with their GM/EC, department leaders, hotel team members, guests and communicates/presents spa/ wellness topics and initiatives to key stakeholders (corporate, regional, hotel leadership, owners, Team Members)
- Foster a culture and attitude of innovation, continuous improvement, and forward thinking as it relates to customer groups’ growing appetite for wellness goods and services
- Embrace, implement and support annual Americas Spa/ Wellness Operations KPIs and objectives as key business priorities
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: five (5) years combined experience as a Director of Spa or Assistant Director of Spa within the hospitality industry
- Spa/ wellness subject matter expert with the strategic vision to create differentiated, authentic spa/ wellness experiences.
- Experience in successfully recruiting, training and leading a large number of diverse spa, wellness and beauty professionals, ensuring high motivation and high performance
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Core Competencies including but not limited to:
- Strategic Positioner: Able to position a business to win its market.
- Credible Activist: Able to build relationships of trust by having a proactive point of view.
- Paradox Navigator: Able to manage tensions inherent in business (including long-term and short-term tensions and top-down and bottom-up tensions.)
- Culture and Change Champion: Able to make change happen and manage organizational culture.
- Human Capital Curator: Able to manage the flow of talent by developing people and leaders, driving individual performance and building technical talent.
- Total Rewards Steward: Able to manage employee well-being through financial and non-financial rewards.
- Technology and Media Integrator: Able to use technology and social media to drive and create high-performing organizations.
- Analytics Designer and Interpreter: Able to use analytics to improve decision-making.
- Compliance Manager: Able to manage processes related to compliance by following regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of Service Provider regulations Arizona State Regulations
- Experience structuring and overseeing a membership program
- Experience in Fitness Facility and/or understanding of Fitness Trends suitable for this market