Director of Banquets
WELCOME TO FAIRMONT PITTSBURGH
Over the past years and months, our dedicated team has been a beacon of strength as we’ve managed through the global crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. This crisis has shown the very best of our hotel and we are so proud of how all our Heartists have been there for each other, offering help, comfort and support through these difficult and unpredictable times.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and legendary views make every special event at Fairmont Pittsburgh a truly memorable experience. Your leadership and organization strengths as Director of Banquets, will ensure that each group function reflects your team’s commitment to quality, efficiency, and superior guest service.
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager, the Director of Banquets is responsible for fulfilling the client experience in our newly renovated state-of-the-art facility. The Director of Banquets, will oversee a team of talented individuals and will be responsible for managing and working with the Banquet Culinary, and Sales team.
- All areas of guest service and core standards
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of all leaders and colleagues in the banquet and banquet set-up department including staff supervision, tip distribution, ringing in of checks, alcohol distribution, etc.
- Ensuring all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor, and service flows.
- Maintaining high staff morale and team spirit within the banquet department.
- Leading and coaching all colleagues and leaders in the banquet services department
- Overall recruiting, staffing, and scheduling ensure adequate staffing levels to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Create and implement colleague-training initiatives.
- Implement Fairmont meeting and conference service standards.
- Creating and implementing a preventative cleaning and maintenance program of all banqueting areas & equipment.
- Creating and implementing new processes and procedures to drive revenue.
- The overall financial success of the department, including day-to-day payroll control, planning yearly capital improvements, and exercising control of fixed and variable expenses.
- The Director will partner with Meetings and Events, along with various Meeting Planners to produce positive Voice of the Guest scores.
- Adhere to all budget guidelines that are established for each event.
- Work together with the Culinary & Stewarding team to ensure that all food service exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Work with the Stewarding team to ensure that all equipment needs are met, and all equipment is properly maintained.
- Finding creative solutions and proactively solving problems to meet a demanding client base.
- Creation and implementation of guest preference programs.
- Actively involved on a day-to-day basis with creative buffet décor and establishing new ideas.
- Work with the Catering Department in order to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized.
- Maintain high level of professional appearance, demeanor and image of self / hotel.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- All other tasks that may be assigned
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, walking and standing.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as Banquet Director or Senior Leader required within a 4 or 5 diamond luxury hotel/resort.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, weekends, mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
- Demonstrate Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrate Highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Exhibit command and presence on the floor
- Must have exceptional working relationships with Culinary, Stewarding, and Sale.
- Demonstrate Goal and results oriented.
- Demonstrate Analytical skills, strengths as a developer and a leader of others.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Wine & spirits knowledge and an understanding of Banquet Beverage is preferred.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Employee Benefit Card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide.
- Learning & Development programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibilities, such as Sustainability, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Extended Benefit Package
Heart + Artist = Heartist®
Our Heartist Culture
At Accor, we are all Heartists®. Passionate and experts in what we do, each and every one of us, with our own personality, master the fine art of welcoming, connecting, and serving others. We are passionate about people and attentive to the world, it is the Heartist® way of being.
Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things! The world is more welcoming when we’re connected heart to heart. How we do it? We care, we dare, we place people at the heart of everything we do.
Come As You Are
Imagine a workplace with leaders and colleagues who show up real, who embrace vulnerability, let go of egos and inspire authentic, genuine connections. Come as YOU are by adding your voice to 120 cultures and counting. Our culture of inclusion welcomes everyone, regardless of race, gender, background, or… anything really!
We are looking for individuals who love nothing more than to connect with fellow humans. If you love the idea of building a career and being celebrated in your job for simply, being YOU.
Our Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Pittsburgh community.
We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams.
We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play.