Executive Director of Procurement
Accountable to negotiate, acquire, and document all purchases as authorized by the Director, Finance & Business Support. To ensure proper receipt of goods, at a fair price, and facilitate processing of invoices, and is required to work closely and establish effective communication with all department heads. Also, ability to assist management in detailed analysis to ensure improved hotel performance.
What is in it for you:
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the Purchasing Dept. (including Receiving and Storeroom) in day to day activities, ensuring all standards are followed and ensure all departments have necessary items to support the business.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- In coordination with hotel leadership lead property level sourcing projects and RFP’s.
- Negotiate food prices and ensure prompt delivery as requested.
- Guides activities of the team with focus on Director of Purchasing role to ensure hotel has goods and services to support business.
- Meets with suppliers and reviews performance and opportunities for new products.
- Review bid proposals from vendors and enter into contracts within budgetary limitations.
- Manages Accor GPO partner business reviews and participates in engaging and supporting corporate led initiatives.
- Manage and ensure timely updates to procurement system (Birchstreet)
- Review shortages or specification changes with requestor when made aware ideally prior to delivery.
- As needed generate purchase orders on approved requisitions prior to placing orders and reviewing purchase orders created by team members.
- Assist in monthly count and extension of food and beverage inventories and the quarterly counts of operating equipment.
- Ensure sufficient operating supplies are in stock, and coordinate orders with each department. Adjust stock levels as needed to ensure ample stock on hand to support business.
- Review requests and ensure special ordered items are sourced at best value to meet required timelines. Follow up on potential risks to timely delivery or extraordinary costs.
- Oversee receiving process and continuous monitoring of products to ensure product quality, and or proper weight and amount.
- Training and development of team to ensure proper receiving, inventory control and food handling procedures are followed.
- Establish and monitor department KPI’s to track team performance
- Produce a daily food and beverage cost report to be distributed to the Director of Finance & Business Support, Director of Operations and Executive Chef.
- Assist Chefs to ensure that specifications of products are consistent and accurate
- Develop a working knowledge of all procedures & operations as detailed in the Finance Policy Manual and Audit lists to ensure the compliance of these procedures.
- Operate in compliance with all Local, State and Federal laws and government regulations.
- Salary Range: $90,900-$121,000 USD Gross Annually
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in Purchasing, with proven training, team building, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and computer skills.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills, the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignments and additional duties.
- Excels in a fast paced and challenging team-oriented environment.
- Solid knowledge of purchasing procedures.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Seated computer work, including constant keyboarding and mousing.
- Walking throughout shift
- Periods of continuous sitting and standing
- Able to lift loads of 25 pounds Bending, squatting, pushing and pulling
Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS