The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Raffles London at The OWO on London’s Whitehall, unites the allure and heritage of Raffles with one of the world’s most historic addresses.
This fine Grade II* Edwardian building has been transformed into a spectacular stage for dazzling celebrations; with fine dining, lively bars, the latest in wellness and beauty therapies, the most luxurious suites and rooms, versatile ballroom and event space. Within these much-storied walls, where legendary statesmen and women once shaped the modern world, guests are now invited to discover new and inspiring emotions and connections.
At Raffles, you arrive as a guest, leave as a friend and return as family.
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for a Pastry Commis Chef to be part of an iconic London Opening.
Reporting into Executive Pastry Chef, you will Support Chef de Partie/Sous Chef on a section of the daily business to ensure hygiene, food and service standards, culture and quality are always delivered. To undertake any specific function of any Raffles kitchens/ kitchen management as delegated by the Executive Pastry Chef and Senior Sous Chef/Sous Chef and/or Head Baker.
Understands that the pastry department work as one team to support and be directly responsible for the quality, production and service for pastry/dessert/bakery in all outlets within the hotel including but not limited to the restaurants, events, private dining and canteen.
Specifically as the Pastry Commis Chef:
- Supporting CDP to maintain stock control, ensuring that sections stock levels and production are in line with business levels.
- Be environmentally conscious and works towards a low waste operation.
- Contributing to the effective management of costs, zero waste factor.
- Working as required on a rota basis based on hotel, outlet, and event hours of operation.
- Ensuring that you are aware of and able to advise employees on the correct policies and procedures.
- Participating in the service in all kitchen outlets as business demands.
- Understanding and communicating with supervisors if there is a need for overtime on the section.
- Working with, coaching and supporting the team members on the section.
- Working with all supervisors, HODs, chefs and supporting departments to communicate effectively and positively the needs of the operation.
- Ensuring Correct Storage and labelling of food stuffs, equipment, and dry goods in all kitchen areas by people responsible.
- Receiving daily product, ensuring correct stock rotation and storage of food and kitchen items.
- Checking cleanliness, working condition and safety of all equipment used in the kitchen.
- Taking corrective action should any not meet standards.
- Maintenance of equipment via correct channels.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent leadership skills where a positive kitchen culture is created by strong values
- Previous relevant experience as Demi Chef de Partie in a luxury/Michelin star/5 star environment
- A creative approach to the production of high-quality food
- Ability and availability to work all shift patterns in 7day 24hour operation including weekends, evenings, early mornings, holidays and overnight shifts
Why join our Raffles team?
Not only will you be joining one of the worlds best hotels you will also receive great benefits including:
- You will be offered a competitive salary.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays plus a day extra for every year of your service up to 5 years.
- Staff meals whist on duty.
- Employee assistance program, including virtual GP and financial advice.
- We offer Life Assurance to all our colleagues.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
- Free dry cleaning for uniform.
- Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme.
- Colleague gifting to celebrate special occasions.
- Paid days off to move house or give back time to a charity of your choice.
- Internal learning and development programmes tailored to you.
- Fun-filled events, whether that’s a pub quiz, team run or festive party.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates of up to 30% at Accor worldwide and Raffles London F&B outlets.
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio.