Led by contemporary Spanish Chef Manuel Pereira, Bluespoon Restaurant & Bar has a Mediterranean menu. When Mediterranean is in the name, tapas is of course the game. Be it Spanish, Italian, French, or Greek, the heroes on our menus will be everyone’s favorite sharing plates.
Do you feel your creative juices flowing?!
Because we are looking for a Commis Chef / Kitchen Assistant!
- Not just for any chef; we are looking for a Bluespoon Commis Chef;
- A pro-active team player who is eager to learn, and not afraid to suggest alternative menu items;
- By adding some personal flavor and touch, you are flexible and never back away from any tasks in and around the kitchen in order to exceed guests’ culinary expectations.
What does the ROLE entail?
- Assisting the team with mise-en-place and food preparation before, during and after service;
- Provides a courteous and professional service at all times, to guests and colleagues alike;
- Preparing mise en place, washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits;
- Dipping food items in crumbs, flour, and batter, to bread them;
- Stirring and straining soups and sauces;
- Weighing and measuring designated ingredients;
- Carrying pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator;
- Storing foods in designated areas, assisting in quality control of items;
- Cleaning work areas and utensils, segregating and removing garbage;
- Distributing supplies, utensils, and portable equipment;
- Setting up buffet presentations.
Bluespoon is located inside the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht. The hotel combines the best of lifestyle and Boutique hotels with a contemporary and personal approach, and offers 117 artistically inspired spacious guestrooms and 5 luxury suites on the Prinsengracht.
What WE bring to the table:
- A great place to work in lovely Amsterdam center. In the middle of the iconic Prinsengracht canal.
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets and special discounts at our Spa
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues. From E-Learnings to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (Example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose – we care for people so they can be their best and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
- An International team of over 15 different nationalities
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshop and classroom trainings.
YOUR recipe to success:
- 1 year experience working as a commis chef or kitchen assistant, ideally in an a-la-carte restaurant;
- Diploma in food production, or equivalent on-the-job training;
- You know all about HACCP;
- Creativity, motivation and a hands-on mentality;
- A love for Mediterranean cuisine;
- An international state of mind, with good language and communication skills in English;
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Idioma requerido: Inglés.
Art becomes life at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht. Or is it the other way around? Our five-star boutique hotel in Amsterdam’s historic city center is more than a place to stay—it’s living art in the lively Jordaan district.
Once a nondescript public library building overlooking the Prinsengracht (Prince’s Canal), Andaz Amsterdam has been transformed into a fantastical dream-world by Dutch architect and renowned designer Marcel Wanders. This is the place where old becomes new, history fuses with modern-day living, and your luxury hotel beats with the same heart as the city. Traditional Dutch art and culture meshes with the present at every turn—sit in the oversized tulip chairs and read the history of Amsterdam on the wallpaper, stroll through the romantic, secretive garden, and take pictures in our Instagram-worthy Observatorium, where the history of Dutch seafaring is retold through light-fixture constellations and Old World maps.
The Andaz Amsterdam is the preferred hotel of the Stedelijk Museum, and features a unique collection of more than 40 video art pieces throughout the hotel. With 122 uniquely Dutch-designed guestrooms and the Bluespoon Restaurant and Bar serving up uncomplicated European cuisine, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is a hotel that is inspired and continuously inspires the spirit of the neighbourhood.