Sobre el trabajo
P&O Cruises is Britain’s biggest cruise line. We are part of Carnival Corporation & PLC and we have been for 20 years. With amazing career opportunities across the fleet, we’ll help you settle into an exciting life at sea as part of our P&O Cruises family.
Are you a hands-on and proactive leader, who can guide and develop our teams onboard to deliver high quality and professionally prepared food products? Join us as a Sous Chef and play a fundamental role in providing unforgettable holiday happiness, to all our guest.
As the Sous Chef, you’ll be report to the Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef onboard. You’ll lead a team of up to 60 crew, to achieve the required standard and quality of all dishes, in accordance with company corporate menu cycles.
P&O Cruises require the following experience:
• Galley cruise ship experience in a similar level role is essential.
• Strong knowledge of Public Health Policy, HESS, FSP, ILO and Galley Operations Policies and Procedures.
• Managerial or supervisory experience within large teams. (up to 60 crew)
• Recognised hotel / culinary diploma / qualification, NVQ I or II Food Production / Preparation qualification or equivalent
The key responsibilities of our Sous Chef include:
• Effectively managing your own area, ensuring adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
• Effectively monitor and manage costs and resources within own area and inform the Chef de Cuisine of any issues immediately.
• Complete regular and update Food Safety logs accordingly. Ensure the section and equipment is operated and maintained in a sanitised and clean state at all times, undertaking regular inspections.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits, and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and out people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage and & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
As part of this role you may be required to complete STCW training, you will be provided more information through the process.
Carnival UK ask that all employees are fully vaccinated against Covid 19, including a booster dose. As part of the application form, you will be asked if you are either currently fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated but willing to be fully vaccinated prior to joining our fleet. We currently accept Covid 19 vaccinations that are WHO Approved (World Health Organisation) either having a two dose vaccine plus 14 days or 1 single dose vaccine plus 14 days. We are unable to progress any applications from individuals who will not be fully vaccinated at this time and welcome future applications should your vaccination status change.